Factory stereo options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b robinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2003 Yukon Denali, and the factory stereo in the thing isn't bad at all. But, I cannot hook up an iPod to it without an FM modulator, and I'm doing that. My main question is if there are other stereos out there that will work in my truck.
I took my factory deck out, and installed a Kenwood big screen that I'm having problems with. I enjoyed the option of satellite radio, and controlling my cd changer with the factory deck.
I would prefer a factory stereo that had an AUX in plug, or anything like that which would allow me to use my iPod, but don't know if such an animal even exists. Thought this would be the best place to find out.

Thanks for any ideas and options.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have XM radio you can tap into it and use an aux hookup.
Is that an option on your Yukon? I would think so with it being a Denali, but want to check.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the advice of 05Zsvntyfun I just bought the iSimple GM655 and it gives me Bluetooth, aux, and USB plug for install in my dash or glove compartment. I will add pics once I finish it up today (I hope). It simply plugs into the back of your current stereo, and your stereo controls will then work your Ipod, and your phone can bluetooth to it... seems like it will be wonderful... http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ipod-interface-usa-spec-bt45-vette.93333/

OP
OP
b robinson

b robinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the advice of 05Zsvntyfun I just bought the iSimple GM655 and it gives me Bluetooth, aux, and USB plug for install in my dash or glove compartment. I will add pics once I finish it up today (I hope). It simply plugs into the back of your current stereo, and your stereo controls will then work your Ipod, and your phone can bluetooth to it... seems like it will be wonderful... http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ipod-interface-usa-spec-bt45-vette.93333/

Hmmmm....even more interesting. You still get control of your Sirius XM and all that? All I care about is getting my ipod to work. Don't care about phone controls at all.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, All your stereo still works as always, but you can also control your ipod, you can bluetooth it or plug it into the interfaces USB plug, that way it stays charged up too... I am not real familiar with it yet, my install of it was earlier today, but it seems like it will be great... the other thread shows my install.

OP
OP
b robinson

b robinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, All your stereo still works as always, but you can also control your ipod, you can bluetooth it or plug it into the interfaces USB plug, that way it stays charged up too... I am not real familiar with it yet, my install of it was earlier today, but it seems like it will be great... the other thread shows my install.

Cool. So it looks like it's mostly just plug n play? No real splicing or anything like that needed?
Never seen these before, but so far I'm a fan. I installed a thing for my Kenwood so I could use the volume controls on the steering wheel, no go. It'd be nice to have my factory stereo back in, which I never thought was a bad unit. I have an issue with my Kenwood that drives me crazy. Once in a while, when I start the truck, I have no audio at all. Turn the truck off, instant audio. Very aggravating. I've tried different wires, cutting them, etc...nothing works. Would rather have my factory stereo back in if I could use my iPod so I can listen to XM once in a while too, even if it is only when they have their free weeks. Then I can use my CD changer again too.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, plug and play, no cutting wires, it is a bit hard to get it all stuffed into the radio hole, but not that bad...

OP
OP
b robinson

b robinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, plug and play, no cutting wires, it is a bit hard to get it all stuffed into the radio hole, but not that bad...
Can't be much worse than what I got now. Getting the Kenwood in there with the adapters and all that, it barely fits. I can play DVDs with the player I have now, but I think I'd rather have the factory stereo with XM. Thanks for the tip on the adapter, I'm currently searchin em online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts