Exhausts system for the 2dr 99 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
filters? you mean the catalytic converters? there are bolt on replacements and they have no charcoal in them. would star a fire. or are you referring to something else?

OP
OP
Jedi-GT

Jedi-GT

Reaction score
Yes ... The catalytic converters ... The two side by sides ones ...

I was informed that those get clogged and you can't do anything about it. Only by gutting it out or replacing them with OEM.

That where the ceramic/charcoal info came from .. The same person

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
they can get clogged when they melt down because of a malfunctioning engine. no fix can correct a damaged converter of any kind. do not gut them. just replace it after fixing the malfunction if any.

OP
OP
Jedi-GT

Jedi-GT

Reaction score
Thank for clarifying the converter information

No known malfunction at the moment ... only a complaint on the stinky smell coming from the exhaust tip.

No Codes present in the Diagnostic, just a little high numbers in the Fuel meters when connecting it to the diagnostic device

Suggestions were made on replacing the fuel regulator

I'm waiting for the Fuel tank to run out and fill it up with Ultra Gas to clear things up before I attempt changing the Fuel regulator

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there is a test port on the top of the engine on the fuel feed line to attach a common shrader-type valved fuel pressure tester which are commonly loaned out for deposit from local parts stores. no need to wait for an empty tank. take measurements while idling and at full throttle and with key on but no start and post your numbers here.

OP
OP
Jedi-GT

Jedi-GT

Reaction score
Going through the gas is for the purpose of filling it up with |Super Duper fuel| to clean things up

I didn't know you can test from there ... I think I know what port you are talking about

I'll take a peak and let you know

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
use the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious teir 1 fuel, exxon, 76, shell, mobil or chevron. no matter which add a 2 bottles of techron before hand to mix thouroughly. you will get a good clean with that after 30 gallons of use. note that this port is on one of the two lines going the the fuel body in center of plenum. if you see a qd connector that is the a/c so don't look for an adapter to connect to it or you or gonna have a boo-boo.

62575165.gif

OP
OP
Jedi-GT

Jedi-GT

Reaction score
I put 2 bottles of Acdelco Injectors flush and filled the tank twice with with premium Gas.

I noticed the car was still hesitating when I punch it. I know the engine needs some attention.

I got my hands on the Delphi FJ10566 fuel injector for a good deal. so I think you know what my new thread will be.

I'm glad I got the exhausts system squared out. thank you for everything. Really happy with the OEM Set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz