Everyone happy with their belltech street performance shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I HAVE to get my ride better and might as well start with shocks right?

I'm not positive what kit was used, how it was installed or anything other than they did use the drop arms in front so I assume it's a 3-5 kit....and the ride is far from good.

I found a set of street performance shocks (kit 9513) for $218 shipped This should be the correct kit from what I've gathered and the best price I've found after three minutes of research (I'll look more later).

But my question is, how do you like them on your lowered rig? Ride? Quality? Problems? Price? Anything!

Thanks

:Handshake:

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set on the front of mine several months ago. I liked them at first, I guess because they were marginally better than stock shocks i had on there, but now I am starting to have that same feeling again that i need to improve my ride quality. Maybe i just need to go back to stock height and shocks. I'm like you, I have got to get this thing riding better.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I'm not positive what kit was used, how it was installed or anything other than they did use the drop arms in front so I assume it's a 3-5 kit....and the ride is far from good.

I found a set of street performance shocks (kit 9513) for $218 shipped This should be the correct kit from what I've gathered and the best price I've found after three minutes of research (I'll look more later).

But my question is, how do you like them on your lowered rig? Ride? Quality? Problems? Price? Anything!

Thanks

Thats the wrong kit for the arms model I sell the right ones and I can match that price no problem. my custom 3/5-6 kit rides great but then again the rear springs are my own design so a few questions about the rear

1) free travel mod done?2
2) are you using trailing arm relocators?
3) are you using swaybar endlink relocators?

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm not positive on what's been done in the rear, or even sure what exactly to look for honestly. I did the free travel mod years ago and it did help. I'll try to get under it and snap a couple pictures for this thread if it would help. What is the correct kit for the lowered a arms?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is no kit you have to piece it together. Shoot me a pm ill get it dialed in for yah.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score

Thanks

I've had my SP shocks for about 2 yrs now, happy with them.

Ride: They are alittle soft, but were a great upgrade over my very soft DJM shocks I had on previously and better then stocks. But softer then the Doetsch Tech nitro slammers and Bilsteins I've had on before. They are very nice riding shocks tho, and did help the suspensions ride performance and feel. Still stiff enough to take corners at a good click and hit bumps without alot of side to side or bounce, but soft enough to not jar you over speed bumps.

Quality: good. No issues with fit or finish. Have held up nicely, no issues.

Problems: They have gotten alittle spongy recently, but not bad. I mostly notice at highway speeds over dips and going cross/sideways over dips/water gullies on streets it does alittle back n forth. But not bad, super soft or unsafe, just alittle but more bounce then before. It just recently started getting worse, but hoping to get alittle more life out of them. But all in all, no real complaints, and would definitely get them again. But may go back to Bilstein or Doetsch Tech. I like alittle stiffer suspension personally, but the SP shocks are a great improvement over stock for sure.

Price: is what it is. Cheaper stuff out there, but cheaper stuff out there. If u know what I mean.

Summary: I would recommend them and purchase again. Good, quality shocks at a decent price. Alittle on the softer side compared to some others,all in preference, but not bad, and feel good. Soft over bumps, good dampening and stiff enough not to porpoise or dip on hard braking or turns. Mine seem to be getting alittle spongy after 2 yrs, but not blown.

But shocks are only as good as the suspension setup there on, IMO. Shocks are meant to control spring and suspension movement. So having the right size, length, valved shocks, especially being lowered, coupled with a properly setup suspension is all crucial to making the ride enjoyable not annoying.. My .02¢ and suspension feel is subjective from person to person

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Austin just posted sums up my response well as well. I've been running my 2/4 drop for a year now (8k miles or so) with BellTech SP on all four corners and am very happy with them. The ride continues to be good (as good as stock or a little bit better). The only time I have any issues is if I'm on a part of the road where there's successive holes/bumps/whatever but I'm thinking that' not a shock issue but more of a poor roadway maintenance issue. They've done well for me :waytogo:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Jacob is right. The road is what the road is. And can't always blame the horrible feel in the road on the vehicle. A road sucks, it's gonna suck in alot of vehicles. And lowered vehicles tend to react and be affected by the road condition more so then higher vehicles. Just closer to the action

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Great info guys!

Whiteout/Austin, are you using drop arms in the front? If so, do you have the part number for the front shocks?

I just ordered new jounce stops and hoping to get new shocks and an alignment before I put my new tires on.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score