Ever drive it hard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been 152mph in my burb... still pulling when I let off. Blew up the driveshaft when I let off. I drive the piss out of mine. 100+ pretty often (easy to do on these Texas roads)

But if you have a 2wd with a 1 piece driveshaft be very cautious when you get in the 115+ area. Driveshaft wobble gets really noticeable.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Been 152mph in my burb... still pulling when I let off. Blew up the driveshaft when I let off. I drive the piss out of mine. 100+ pretty often (easy to do on these Texas roads)

But if you have a 2wd with a 1 piece driveshaft be very cautious when you get in the 115+ area. Driveshaft wobble gets really noticeable.
WOW! what mods do you have? That's some sick speeds!

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full bolt on. I just put in a stock replacement so I could get it running again. But I have a "built" driveshaft waiting, almost double the thickness of aluminum with forged yokes also high speed balanced.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ who did you get the driveshaft from?

i am looking to get replacements in near future

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Abuse it for the first 25K miles while it's under warranty, then back off and drive normal. If it's going to break it will beak under warranty. I've done that for my last 4 new vehicle and they've all gone over 150K trouble free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE