Esky third light setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry haven't put the light in yet. Birthday weekend this weekend and lots of driving lol. I opened up my hatch and checked out the setup. The holes line up for the screws the exact same in both my,yukon piece and the esky set up as far as I can see. I also popped open the hatch on the 2005 esky esv that belongs to the family that I live with this morning before heading out of town. Her glass is identical to mine and all the screws holding the taillight assembly in look identical to mine except the middle where the power wires run up. And the screws that the esky light assembly I bought came with the screws that are the same as the esky. So it should line up. I'll get it done in the morning and get pics up. For now my end vents are installed after getting repainted. That was the easy part. Lol.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the more I mod my Denali the more im starting to dislike GM and their crappy designs. Don't get me wrong, I love my ride. Its awesome. But really GM, the Damn holes on my rear hatch don't match up to the screw holes for the esky third light setup. Its so stupid. I'd would think for rides like ours GM would take into account the guys like us that want to do these kinds of mods and design stuff to be interchangeable. Is that too much to ask? @select127 , you were totally right. The holes in my hatch don't line up to the holes in the esky light. The esky light fits across the glass just fine but I had to end up using 3M adhesive that I have on hand to glue it down. It needs some more work But for now I do like the look. I was on a birthday trip for the weekend so now that I'm home I can spend a little more time on it this week in between work and get everything completely finished. Much cleaner than that stupid plastic yukon trim piece. Will snap a pic in the morning when I can clean up the extra adhesive on my glass. The holes in the top of my hatch are more narrow than where the screw holes are on the esky light. Also putting up a couple pics Of my esky end vents after they got repainted.

0619161100_HDR.jpg

0618161017b.jpg

0618161017.jpg

0618161018.jpg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Had to take the assembly off. I'm So irritated. The member who sold me the taillight assembly neglected to tell me the LEDs in the taillight don't even work. So I have a useless esky third taillight. And of course I can't just replace the strip of bulbs because the bulbs don't come out of the lens. Another GM wonderful(not it's a stupid f******design) design flaw. So I have to buy a whole new lens to get working bulbs. And of course none of my local parts stores can even get it in order for me. Dealer only. Yeah f*** that. I'll have to order it on eBay. So it'll be @ least another few days before I can get a working assembly and then get it installed. Ugh this mod sucks. Its been a major pain in the ass. :banghead::badidea:

Gtir007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent u a pm, I will give you my led's really didn't know ,so I pretty much got screwed

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea these 3rd brake lights, Ive seen more that don't work compared to those that work.

Gtir007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted thedude that sold me the lights , the lights were tested as working when he sold them to me, his resolution is ,ship back the light to me and he will swap it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar