Esky taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I spoke to Danny Vallescura on Youtube "Danny Vallescura" about his GMC Denali with the OEM Cadillac Lights installed. Long story short, it's plug and play and everything works perfect (amber works, turns work, brakes work, everything works but........ they stick out, and not just a little, but a lot, it's very noticeable. I seems that the Cadillac Escalade bumper and the GMC/Chevy Rear bumpers are different. Also, if you purchase the OEM Cadillac lights, you don't use the black plastic piece below the light since the bumpers are different.

See the attached pic. He and I spoke for a good 20 mins tonight. Great guy, was very helpful in me troubleshooting some ideas regarding my LTZ Tahoe which will bring me to my next posting below.

12592062_1502562340050614_1599826958_o.jpg

12596802_1502562330050615_1962370181_o.jpg

12631184_1502562353383946_147518493_o.jpg

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I spoke to Danny Vallescura on Youtube "Danny Vallescura" about his GMC Denali with the OEM Cadillac Lights installed. Long story short, it's plug and play and everything works perfect (amber works, turns work, brakes work, everything works but........ they stick out, and not just a little, but a lot, it's very noticeable. I seems that the Cadillac Escalade bumper and the GMC/Chevy Rear bumpers are different. Also, if you purchase the OEM Cadillac lights, you don't use the black plastic piece below the light since the bumpers are different.

See the attached pic. He and I spoke for a good 20 mins tonight. Great guy, was very helpful in me troubleshooting some ideas regarding my LTZ Tahoe which will bring me to my next posting below.

View attachment 58605

View attachment 58606

View attachment 58607
Ouch !!!

OP
OP
luigasca

luigasca

Reaction score

View attachment 58605

View attachment 58606

View attachment 58607
I was trying to avoid the oem Cadillac lights due to the Cadillac small emblem the lights have on the inside not so noticeable but the thought of it being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep, real disappointment for sure. I did a rough pricing just now for a Cadillac Escalade bumper swap with all of the small pieces...well over $1200 unpainted. So that's a no-go for me on the OEM Cadillac lights.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to avoid the oem Cadillac lights due to the Cadillac small emblem the lights have on the inside not so noticeable but the thought of it being there.

I'd be less worried about the Caddy symbol and more worried about the fact that they don't fit properly instead. Like I said, that's a no-go for me. If it doesn't fit like OEM, it's not getting installed on my vehicle.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe/Suburban and Denali Owners, I need your help.

It's an easy request so please take 2 mins and help out the forum members here to get the VLADs working properly for the Tahoe/Suburban members.

I'm trying to get the VLAD lights working properly but I need to see what everyone's wiring harnesses look like and if there are disparities between the models, because I think there are.

I own an Tahoe LTZ and have a 6 wire harness on the inner harness (the main body harness), which should not to be confused with the rear "light" wiring harness that it plugs into, which also has 6 wires as well, but 2 of those wires are cut (the two white wires).

Here is what I need please:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tahoe Owners:

I need a pic of an LS, LT and LTZ wiring harness

Suburban Owners:

Yukon Owners:

I need a pic of a Denali, SLE and SLT wiring harness

Please post CLEAR pictures of your wiring harnesses please.

I've done a lot of research over the last two weeks trying to determine the issues at hand and think I'm getting close to a solution but need to see other folks wiring harness pictures.

IMG_6409.jpg

IMG_6410.jpg

IMG_6411.jpg

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe/Suburban and Denali Owners, I need your help.

It's an easy request so please take 2 mins and help out the forum members here to get the VLADs working properly for the Tahoe/Suburban members.

I'm trying to get the VLAD lights working properly but I need to see what everyone's wiring harnesses look like and if there are disparities between the models, because I think there are.

I own an Tahoe LTZ and have a 6 wire harness on the inner harness (the main body harness), which should not to be confused with the rear "light" wiring harness that it plugs into, which also has 6 wires as well, but 2 of those wires are cut (the two white wires).

Here is what I need please:

Tahoe Owners:

Suburban Owners:

Yukon Owners:

I need a pic of a Denali, SLE and SLT wiring harness

Please post CLEAR pictures of your wiring harnesses please.

I've done a lot of research over the last two weeks trying to determine the issues at hand and think I'm getting close to a solution but need to see other folks wiring harness pictures.

View attachment 58608

View attachment 58609

View attachment 58610

what kind of problems do you have with your tail lights?
and do u want the picture of the connector right under the bumper on each side?

OP
OP
luigasca

luigasca

Reaction score
3d2646c08423cb763b95d452dd2cc80d.jpg

2015 Yukon SLT 6 wire harness(right side)

OP
OP
luigasca

luigasca

Reaction score
e6ac27176fe98c5e4ea1ec0333c65dd6.jpg

Terence9997 just should me his 2016 Yukon harness and it only has 5 wires[emoji30][emoji30] and do not know his model.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of problems do you have with your tail lights?
and do u want the picture of the connector right under the bumper on each side?

I don't have a problem except that I own a Tahoe and won't buy the VLAD's if the turning signal doesn't work correctly so I'm trying to narrow down what the issue is. A few folks are saying they have a 5 wire harness while others are saying that have a 6 wire harness. Trying to identify if that's the problem or if it's something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roady24