Esky taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they work but you will need resistors

I have tried the vland tail lights and for some reason the passenger side doesn't fit properly. I have about a 3/4 inch gap along the window on the side and the top tabs don't fit flush. Looks like maybe they have a bad mold. Drivers side fits perfect. So I was considering just getting the oem caddy ones if the wiring will work. Toi have you put a set of oem caddy ones on before and sure about the resistors?

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried the vland tail lights and for some reason the passenger side doesn't fit properly. I have about a 3/4 inch gap like maybe they have a bad mold. Drivers side fits perfect. So I was considering just getting the oem caddy ones if the wiring will work. Toi have you put a set of oem caddy ones on before and sure about the resistors?
I havent put oem ones,my vland ones fit perfect. Watched a video about oem ones on a suburban and the installer said they needed resistors for error messages and fast blinking

Last edited:

fieldgoal00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking about just ponying up and buying the Cadillac ones, I've made harnesses in the past for my wifes old Camaro so this won't be difficult to do.

Have you guys seen this video? I'm trying to figure out how he got the leds to that vertical upward movement.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about just ponying up and buying the Cadillac ones, I've made harnesses in the past for my wifes old Camaro so this won't be difficult to do.

Have you guys seen this video? I'm trying to figure out how he got the leds to that vertical upward movement.

He didnt, camera refresh rate did lol
I believe harness is the same you need resistors

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the vland ones they fit perfect on my 2016 Yukon but they suck as far as brightness. I bought the OEM escalade ones so much better and so happy with them even though they hang out just a bit

fieldgoal00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the vland ones they fit perfect on my 2016 Yukon but they suck as far as brightness. I bought the OEM escalade ones so much better and so happy with them even though they hang out just a bit

Can you post of pic of what sticks out?

lilmac

Reaction score

I'm actually more concerned/interested in how you wired the lights versus how much it sticks out. I think a pic was already posted on how the light sit on the vehicle a few posts back.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disappointing that the company making these STILL hasn't alleviated the problem for the Tahoe/Suburbans. I can't believe they continue to sell so many of these when they don't function properly and aren't bright enough. Hopefully someone else steps up and makes a quality product. Hell I'd pay double the current price for a Escalade-like quality version designed for the Tahoe.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually more concerned/interested in how you wired the lights versus how much it sticks out. I think a pic was already posted on how the light sit on the vehicle a few posts back.
i have a 2016 yukon denali so they just plug right in for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts