Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update... Ive bought the mirrors with cameras and think i found the correct wiring harnesses:

23378542 DRIVER SIDE FRONT SIDE DOOR WIRING HARNESS (LABELED 23378542, 23306842, 23296782, 23289588 OR 23276533) (WITH TAPED BACK 7-WAY CONNECTOR THAT HAS 2-3-2 TERMINAL PATTERN)

23378543 PASSENGER SIDE FRONT SIDE DOOR WIRING HARNESS (WITH TAPED BACK 7-WAY CONNECTOR THAT HAS 2-3-2 TERMINAL PATTERN) (LABELED 23378543, 23306843, 23289589, 23276534, OR 23276534)

Im hoping these are correct since since they are 90$ a pop but they call out the 2-3-2 plug which is the same as the green camera plug that is on the mirrors.

When i get the harnesses in I will update what i find. Fingers crossed...

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the harnesses in and early indications look good (ie all the mirror plugs have somewhere to plug into the harness). The next step is to see if i can unplug the old harness from the door jam and plug in the new one to ensure the mirrors function as expected before pulling off the door panels.

I hope to do that friday. I will take pics!

IMG_6870.JPG

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an additional plug for the door tweeter that the eskys have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... Mirror update. Basically the Escys are plug and play (at least for vehicles with comparable mirror package as my stock)!

On my 2016 Chevy Tahoe LTZ that came with power fold, blind spot and turn signal mirrors I was able to plug in the two Escalade mirrors and have everything work with the OE harness. This is a 10 min project to just swap the mirrors and retain the stock functions from the original mirrors. Search youtube for "How to Remove and Reinstall Front Passenger Door Panel 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT" by 1A Auto and they have a great tutorial.

I'm traveling this coming week so i didn't have time to swap the whole harness to the updated one with the video connector. I tried just unplugging the door harness and plugging in the new one outside the door but not everything functioned and no video. So i don't know if it has to complete all the circuits or something before everything works or if the video needs programming. Going to research more about the 360 view and come back to the full harness. I couldn't see inside the door completely to compare harnesses to see if there is an extra Escalade speaker connector on the new harness but looking at the parts diagram i think the extra Escalade speakers might be included in the main harness that the door panel connects with.

The Escalade mirrors i used with my stock harness:
gm 23328936 left mirror
gm 23328927 right mirror

The ONLY negative from my personal install experience is that it appears that the Cadillac pearl is slightly different than the Chevrolet. Nothing that the normal person will notice and when i get my grill sprayed i will get them repainted.

I took pics of the blind spot, blinker and puddle light working.

Blind Spot:
IMG_6909.JPG

Puddle (and also power folded):
IMG_6973.JPG

Turn Signal:
IMG_6957.JPG

IMG_6974.JPG

IMG_6975.JPG

I got the mirrors on eBay. I lucked out and got 1 for 99$ in the correct color and the second for 185 and had to buy a 30$ color matched cap.

I also went ahead and picked up replacement door panel clips off ebay (cheapest place i found) OEM GM: 11547601. I would HIGHLY advise getting at least 4 of these since some of the retaining heads break in half.

beachcomber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You know, I wasn't sure how that would look, but wow. That looks stock and size appropriate. Great mod. I have an LT, so no power fold, blind spot, etc. I'll need to research how to fab this to mine. Thanks for doing this. I see a project coming for me now. :)

Edit: did you also have to purchase a new switch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok... Mirror update. Basically the Escys are plug and play (at least for vehicles with comparable mirror package as my stock)!

On my 2016 Chevy Tahoe LTZ that came with power fold, blind spot and turn signal mirrors I was able to plug in the two Escalade mirrors and have everything work with the OE harness. This is a 10 min project to just swap the mirrors and retain the stock functions from the original mirrors. Search youtube for "How to Remove and Reinstall Front Passenger Door Panel 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT" by 1A Auto and they have a great tutorial.

I'm traveling this coming week so i didn't have time to swap the whole harness to the updated one with the video connector. I tried just unplugging the door harness and plugging in the new one outside the door but not everything functioned and no video. So i don't know if it has to complete all the circuits or something before everything works or if the video needs programming. Going to research more about the 360 view and come back to the full harness. I couldn't see inside the door completely to compare harnesses to see if there is an extra Escalade speaker connector on the new harness but looking at the parts diagram i think the extra Escalade speakers might be included in the main harness that the door panel connects with.

The Escalade mirrors i used with my stock harness:
gm 23328936 left mirror
gm 23328927 right mirror

The ONLY negative from my personal install experience is that it appears that the Cadillac pearl is slightly different than the Chevrolet. Nothing that the normal person will notice and when i get my grill sprayed i will get them repainted.

I took pics of the blind spot, blinker and puddle light working.

Blind Spot:
View attachment 78292

Puddle (and also power folded):
View attachment 78293

Turn Signal:
View attachment 78296

View attachment 78297

View attachment 78298

I got the mirrors on eBay. I lucked out and got 1 for 99$ in the correct color and the second for 185 and had to buy a 30$ color matched cap.

I also went ahead and picked up replacement door panel clips off ebay (cheapest place i found) OEM GM: 11547601. I would HIGHLY advise getting at least 4 of these since some of the retaining heads break in half.
I thought you got the mirrors from your buddy's wrecking yard? Either way, sweet mod! Now if these would work with the nbs!!