Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice mod! I prefer the size of the Tahoe mirror, but I do like the turn signal light on the mirror housing!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LT with the lux package so I have the blindspot, power fold, etc. I wonder if these would still be plug and play for me? They look nice and I like the turn signal indicator on the housing.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you got the mirrors from your buddy's wrecking yard? Either way, sweet mod! Now if these would work with the nbs!!

Well there has been a lot of movement with harnesses and mirrors so i kind of forgot about this detail. The original pair i got from my buddy didn't actually have blind spot which was odd since i figured any esky would. So I went ahead and just got ones that matched my originals function wise.
IMG_6983.JPG

I didn't have to do anything to the switch. The original switch controls all the mirror movements. There have actually been a couple posts (maybe not on this forum I cant remember since ive looked at so many) about converting the non power fold etc that have the part numbers for the harness and switch. Otherwise i will post my original harness part number when i eventually pull it out.

beachcomber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well there has been a lot of movement with harnesses and mirrors so i kind of forgot about this detail. The original pair i got from my buddy didn't actually have blind spot which was odd since i figured any esky would. So I went ahead and just got ones that matched my originals function wise.
View attachment 78323

I didn't have to do anything to the switch. The original switch controls all the mirror movements. There have actually been a couple posts (maybe not on this forum I cant remember since ive looked at so many) about converting the non power fold etc that have the part numbers for the harness and switch. Otherwise i will post my original harness part number when i eventually pull it out.

Thanks, I'll try to dig around and see if I can find all the parts to do this on the non-power folding mirrors. I think it's a great mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Glad to see something on these trucks is plug and play if you already have those options. I think those should have come standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried just unplugging the door harness and plugging in the new one outside the door but not everything functioned and no video. So i don't know if it has to complete all the circuits or something before everything works or if the video needs programming. Going to research more about the 360 view and come back to the full harness. I couldn't see inside the door completely to compare harnesses to see if there is an extra Escalade speaker connector on the new harness but looking at the parts diagram i think the extra Escalade speakers might be included in the main harness that the door panel connects with.

Which connections did you do and which did you not? What did/didn't function?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you already said this and I didn't see the comment, but were you able to get the video working? And to confirm... the idea was to get the Camera view on the turn signal right so show whats on the side? Or was the whole goal just to get bigger mirrors.... Thanks

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you already said this and I didn't see the comment, but were you able to get the video working? And to confirm... the idea was to get the Camera view on the turn signal right so show whats on the side? Or was the whole goal just to get bigger mirrors.... Thanks

The video did not work but i did not do the whole harness swap due to time constraints. So i would not say it is an absolute fail.

I plugged the new harness into the door jamb and tried the mirrors without anything else plugged in to the harness but several functions did not work. With the new harness plugged into the door jamb the video and none of the power fold or mirror functions worked and the blind spot just stayed on so i'm wondering if the harness needs to be plugged into everything to complete a circuit or if it needs programming. I'm going to continue research on this.

The goal was to get the larger mirrors and MAYBE get the 360 view as a bonus. I figured buying a couple harnesses would be a good contribution to the community if it was found to actually work. Ive already ordered the grill camera and am trying to get the harness part number for it. Still hopeful on the 360 view.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The video did not work but i did not do the whole harness swap due to time constraints. So i would not say it is an absolute fail.

I plugged the new harness into the door jamb and tried the mirrors without anything else plugged in to the harness but several functions did not work. With the new harness plugged into the door jamb the video and none of the power fold or mirror functions worked and the blind spot just stayed on so i'm wondering if the harness needs to be plugged into everything to complete a circuit or if it needs programming. I'm going to continue research on this.

The goal was to get the larger mirrors and MAYBE get the 360 view as a bonus. I figured buying a couple harnesses would be a good contribution to the community if it was found to actually work. Ive already ordered the grill camera and am trying to get the harness part number for it. Still hopeful on the 360 view.

Thanks for the response, I would say even if the 360 view don't work, you haven't lost functionality and you have gained a larger mirror. So far its already a bonus. Hope you can get the 360 view to work. That would be GREAT and would be something I would do in a heart beat. Still may consider just for the bigger mirror.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The goal was to get the larger mirrors

So, are the Escalade mirrors much bigger (longer) than the Yukon Denali mirrors too? Almost time for summer boat towing and these new mirrors are ridiculously small. There is NO way these mirrors will show anything behind the boat without the preverbial tail wag. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep