escalade/denali AWD lowering questions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sloblack00

Reaction score
i have an 08 escalade AWD.
its on 28" rims, and about to lower it...i was planning on going with drop struts in the front and springs in the back with my previous 2wd tahoe.

however with that being said. the shop that i talked to today said drop struts are unavaliable with the AWD system and something about a sensor on top of the strut...could anyone help me with this before i pull the trigger...i was trying to stay away from using spindles up front.

thanks
J

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah you can't use the drop struts with the Autoride feature on Escalades. You can probably only lower it in the rear anyways so I would not even worry about that, rear you can only do a 2" drop or you will rub and start breaking shit.
I have 26s on a 3" front drop and it just about does not fit, you probably cannot pull more than .5" of drop so its not worth it.
Drop the rear 2" and call it day....

OP
OP
S

sloblack00

Reaction score
i understand your reasoning.

if i had my tahoe still, it would be getting a 2" drop in the back and calling it a day..however, with the escalade on AWD, it sits a good bit higher in the front.

i want to say its about 90% level as is...so we are going to do a 2" drop all the way around.

if i dont like it or it gives me hell, ill take it right back off.

heres how it sits before lowering it....
also have new mht wheels coming that are going to have a better offest for the lowered stance in the front.

14c5wyu.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

heres a avalanche on 28's with a 2/3 drop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5j9UBlbtbQ

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have an 08 escalade AWD.
its on 28" rims, and about to lower it...i was planning on going with drop struts in the front and springs in the back with my previous 2wd tahoe.

however with that being said. the shop that i talked to today said drop struts are unavaliable with the AWD system and something about a sensor on top of the strut...could anyone help me with this before i pull the trigger...i was trying to stay away from using spindles up front.

thanks
J

on those trucks with 28s i usually do the front belltech 1-2 inch adjustable spring and in rear 3-4 inch adjustable kit works fine on my customers truck

the kit i sell for $425 shipped if you see it for less ill beat anyones prices. It will all work fine also.

another option would be the djm 2 inch a arms which is a very easy install and you wont lose turning radius at all.

OP
OP
S

sloblack00

Reaction score
on those trucks with 28s i usually do the front belltech 1-2 inch adjustable spring and in rear 3-4 inch adjustable kit works fine on my customers truck

the kit i sell for $425 shipped if you see it for less ill beat anyones prices. It will all work fine also.

another option would be the djm 2 inch a arms which is a very easy install and you wont lose turning radius at all.

that a great price..however i am worrieda about how hard that will be on my stock front shocks.

would it be a bad idea not upgrading my shocks with a lowering spring in the front? i know with spindles, the coil/strut is all the same as stock. so there is no need for upgrading the strut.

thanks
J

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i would just do the djm 2 inch a arms and if its to low use the belltech 1 inch spacer to lift it up. I would not get drop struts on the front of that truck due to the autoride set up.

are you on 295 25 26? ive done 3 inches in front of those and its good.

OP
OP
S

sloblack00

Reaction score
i would just do the djm 2 inch a arms and if its to low use the belltech 1 inch spacer to lift it up. I would not get drop struts on the front of that truck due to the autoride set up.

yes, 295/25/28 tires.

i like the idea of the A arms, i did those on my old dakota r/t

is everyone against 2" drop spindles?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score

You may hustle 2.5" in the front, but 3.5" will not happen unless you have atleast a +45 offset.
I have 305/30//26 tires with a +35 offset rim and a 3" front drop and it still rubs real good, if you try 28s on a 2" drop you may get lucky and be just about equal in rubbing with me. But if you go 3", get ready to take turns at 2MPH, then you will also have to worry about it rubbing the tops of the fenders like mine does front and back over dips, with 28s you'll probably just smash into the fender and bend it, no biggie! :popcorn:

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Plus I have 2" drop spindles, they're good to me!

OP
OP
S

sloblack00

Reaction score
You may hustle 2.5" in the front, but 3.5" will not happen unless you have atleast a +45 offset.
I have 305/30//26 tires with a +35 offset rim and a 3" front drop and it still rubs real good, if you try 28s on a 2" drop you may get lucky and be just about equal in rubbing with me. But if you go 3", get ready to take turns at 2MPH, then you will also have to worry about it rubbing the tops of the fenders like mine does front and back over dips, with 28s you'll probably just smash into the fender and bend it, no biggie! :popcorn:

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Plus I have 2" drop spindles, they're good to me!

ya the mhts i got are going to be about 20mm inset more than the wheels i have right now..so they are going to be flush or actually a little inside the fender.

heres the wheels i have on order
62989_1515886309491_1604486132_31259816_7020872_n.jpg

as for lowering...i have no reason to go more than 2" unless i was to drop back to a 26" wheel.

i believe 2 all the way around will do me justice withou too much rubbing and tearing up.

thanks for your help and input bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts