engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stangkillin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i buy this tahoe off my buddy for 600 dollars. i rode in it ALL the time and nothing was wrong with it. at approx 309k miles the fuel pump goes out. i replace the fuel pump and once i get everything put back together i go to start it and all i hear is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2czPKDg_6U&feature=plcp

gave it a little gas and it just got louder and worse. is my engine shot, or what could it be?

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The poor thing, that's a painful death... If its actually shot.

Sounds like a bad knock, where is the sound coming from? Top end, bottom end, valvetrain? What does the oil pressure gauge read?

OP
OP
S

stangkillin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
its so loud cant really tell where its comin from. kinda sounds like the right side mostly though. oil pressure reads about 60.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like terrible knock.

I'd find myself a lower miles 5.7 Vortec and swap it over. And it's got 309K on it? Original motor?

OP
OP
S

stangkillin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes original motor. i have records of every time it went to the shop for ANYTHING!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
normal when cold engining. remove one plug wire at a time while running. if it changing the you have a bad rod bearing. which coincides with noise on the up and down motion of piston. at rpm you have there it is happening every rotation of the crank so rod issues or flywheel bolt just came loose.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

there is a remote possibility that a fuel injector is jammed totally open too but try the plug test first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts