Electrical woes out of nowhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedmachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, have a sudden electrical problem that kind of materialized out of nowhere. The wife left the lights on last night and drained the battery, so I jumped it this morning. No big deal right? Now the truck starts, runs and drives fine- but the ABS light, battery light and seatbelt lights stay on, the fuel, oil pressure, battery voltage and temperature gauges don't work, electric windows and locks don't work, A/C doesn't work. Interior and exterior lights work along with the RPM and speedo gauges. Battery tests fine and I am going to test the alternator tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, we're supposed to go on a big camping trip in a couple days so want to get it sorted ASAP. I'm thinking alternator but why would a simple jump cause it to crap out? Thanks in advance.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How old is the battery? All kinds of weird things happen when the battery is giving up the ghost.

OP
OP
speedmachine

speedmachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes, cleaned the terminals, cleaned the alternator connections and she works perfectly just as before. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso