Electric mirrors not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
My passenger side mirror quit working several months ago, and now the driver's side doesn't work either. They just don't do anything when you try to control them with the electric buttons.

Before I go tearing into things, anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this and fix it? My first thought is to check the fuses, but I can't figure out what fuse controls them. Anyone know?

I don't normally use them much, but last night was backing down a narrow driveway with about a foot of snow on it, and my only real gauge for where I was was to follow my incoming tracks back out.

Thanks!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go through all of your fuses, that's the best thing to do right off the bat, ALL of them!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the best answer but it's the one I do first in a situation like yours!! Do you know anyone else around you that has a denali that you could swap parts with to diagnose the problem? If so, I'd pop off the window switch cluster and test out the mirror switch on another persons truck that you know has working mirrors! Also, does the auto dimming feature still work on the drivers side mirror? How about the defrosting feature?

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a good time when its cold ,but the connection in the mirror to the door harness is small and it will corrode,worth a look ,its easy to get to.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys. I'm just gonna have to man up and freeze while working on it....lol.

Not sure if the defrost works, but the auto-dimming seems to. Or at least I haven't noticed it not working. I'll pay more attention when I'm out tonight and see.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can't be that cold, where do you think you live....... in alaska or something?!?!? ha ha ha!
J/K!! Just keep track if anything on the mirrors works at all!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It can't be that cold, where do you think you live....... in alaska or something?!?!? ha ha ha!
J/K!! Just keep track if anything on the mirrors works at all!

lol

I actually don't think the autodimming is working, either. I'm assuming the heated mirrors aren't as well, although that's harder to tell without fog/frost on them.

I'm just not going to worry about it for now. Not like I readjust them a lot. I'll look into it when it's warmer....lol.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, one thing you can do is pop out the window switch cluster from the door and make sure the harness has a good connection at the switch! I don't blame ya for not wanting to work on it being soo cold out side!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll check that. Should be easy enough to take a peek at things and see how the connections look.

If ya'll want any cold air, I'll trade places for a while....

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10