EBay drop kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2000-06-Chev...m=253485470207&_trksid=p2056116.c100935.m2460

Has anyone used a kit like this?

I understand norcal has a bunch of kits but it's about $250 more. Can there really be that big of a difference? I can get this kit and billstein 4600s for the price of the tbss kit

I'll still be getting the endlinks and bump stops from norcal just trying to make my money stretch as far as I can

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Chinese people take a belltech or DJM kit, make a copy of it with cheaper material, and sell it for half price...

What's the worst that could happen? Spring breaks, throws you and the family into a ditch? Bolts break?

I've learned that there's some things you want to make sure you get that are well made... anything your betting your life on is pretty important. There's a difference in some cheap earbud replicas and driving people at 70mph down a highway...

Just sayin. Obviously that's extreme, but I'm just trying to make a point. Not saying that those are crap. And we all know about stretching our money. If they have decent reviews and no quality issues, it's up to you

Edit: and just to point it out, I have lexani Chinese tires. More than half the price of other tires. Used them for 5+ years on my truck and Yukon with no issues. Others have used them with no issues as well. So there are places that I agree with saving money but the quality and dependability have to be there

Last edited:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Chinese people take a belltech or DJM kit, make a copy of it with cheaper material, and sell it for half price...

What's the worst that could happen? Spring breaks, throws you and the family into a ditch? Bolts break?

I've learned that there's some things you want to make sure you get that are well made... anything your betting your life on is pretty important. There's a difference in some cheap earbud replicas and driving people at 70mph down a highway...

Just sayin. Obviously that's extreme, but I'm just trying to make a point. Not saying that those are crap. And we all know about stretching our money. If they have decent reviews and no quality issues, it's up to you

Well said, I couldn’t agree more

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Edit: and just to point it out, I have lexani Chinese tires. More than half the price of other tires. Used them for 5+ years on my truck and Yukon with no issues. Others have used them with no issues as well. So there are places that I agree with saving money but the quality and dependability have to be there

I completely understand that. That is why I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with this kit or a similar eBay kit

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See if you can find a company on eBay that actually makes the kit, instead of just selling the kit.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro
There isn't any. All the EBay stuff is made in China or somewhere else overseas. There's no way they could sell the stuff so cheap if it was made in the USA. You have to look closely at the description though because they're crafty at making it sound like they manufacture it. Personally, if it's something that holds my wheels on, like drop spindles, I will not take a chance with my life just to save a couple hundred bucks. There's some things that it's worth going with a known name brand, and if there ever was one, this would be it in my book.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im just saying if the spindles I got off eBay somehow crack, then they were hit by the thunder of god, cuz those mf’ers are sturdy, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make a metal casting and does china just use some secret type of metal, that is heavy as shit, and looks and smells like metal but is actually something else. Its all a pissing match, thats what brand names are.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry didn't know you got EBay spindles. If you feel ok about it, that's all that matters for you.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that dumbness of the people who think everything ebay is chinese, and everything name brand is not. The DJM crap is probably chinese too. The chinese shit has no overhead, thats where the cost savings come in. Tons and tons of companies operate like this. Wake up and stock being ignorant with blanket statements.

FYI, I have a djm kit and spindle shop (cheap) spindles on mine. Not to mention about 1400 feedback (personal not business transactions) on ebay.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone considering an eBay drop kit should check out @TheSuspensionSource, they are actually a supporting vendor here on the forum and also on GMFS.

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that dumbness of the people who think everything ebay is chinese, and everything name brand is not. The DJM crap is probably chinese too. The chinese shit has no overhead, thats where the cost savings come in. Tons and tons of companies operate like this. Wake up and stock being ignorant with blanket statements.

Great attitude!

No one is being ignorant. Just being cautious as to what you buy online that comes from China.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate people that think they know everything about how businesses work. Like they know why Chinese stuff is so cheap. If you don't think there's a difference in quality from cheap Chinese knock-offs you're the ignorant one. There's plenty of ievidence of accidents from this crap, and if you haven't heard of it you have your head under a rock. There's been NHTSA investigations of items like bolts and steering parts on Greyhound busses that were fake Chinese parts that had fake grade stampings or were faulty in other ways that caused major failures and crashes. Or don't you remember the news stories of that a few years ago? They were caused by the service company managers buying the cheap stuff and pocketing the difference. There's plenty of other evidence that theres very little to keep the Chinese from stamping their stuff as a certain grade when in actuality if they're tested they fail every single time. It's a corrupt system over there and if you want to take your chances but don't come on here trying to tell people there's no difference between a part that has passed a US manufacturing standard and the same looking part that has never been tested. Yes of course US companies manufacture parts all over the world or subcontract out manufacturing but they TEST their products. That's different than an unknown Chinese owned company making unsafe untested parts. EBay just happens to be a great place for resellers to buy a batch of unsafe parts and unleash them on the unsuspecting. If you feel safe using those parts, be my guest. But don't go telling other people that don't know better there's no difference. You need to do your due diligence. Look to see if they are a manufacturer or reseller. Ask them questions about manufacturing and testing. Don't just look at their EBay ratings because those are done soon after purchase. If you don't give them an immediate rating they hound you. There's a reason for that. You can't come back a year later, after your wheel fell off and you crashed and killed your kids, and take back that 4 star rating and add a comment that their product is unsafe. Sorry for the long post, sorry if I offended someone, but if I kept one single piece of unsafe car part from being installed and hurting someone's unsuspecting family members it was worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts