Eastern Catalytic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NMPastor

Reaction score
Anybody got experience using Eastern Catalytic converters?

Like them?

Had problems with them?

hwhwhw

Reaction score
I bought some braided flex pipes from them for my audi. They were the only ones I could find with the right diameter and option "with ends" which was necessary because when you cut out the old ones you need something to weld to. I think they are mostly wholesale which is why nobody has heard of them. Rock auto has most of their stuff available.

OP
OP
N

NMPastor

Reaction score
Eastern Catalyic

Yeah...I still need to replace the converters on my 2001 Yukon XL. It's a CARB vehicle, so the wrong replacements will apparently still set off the lights (as far as I can tell). The direct fit ones at Rock Auto are a clean $300 less than I can find the Magnaflow ones anywhere.

It's not exactly a performance vehicle, so I'm not sure I need the Magnaflow ones.

Can anybody tell me if this is a reasonable DIY thing, or do I really need to have a shop do it? I'd buy the Y, not the weld-ins.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont use cats they are an extemely obsolete and useless device
we are the only country that puts pointless restrictive emissions devices on our cars

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
The converters on the Tahoe actually flow really well. That being said I cut mine out, 200k miles on them. Plus working at an exhaust shop I figured why not.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Have them welded in. Any air leaks will affect the sensors and thus the ECM in terms of monitoring the O2's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz