E85 fuel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stephygee

Just Steph
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Did it with my 2007 Avalanche many moons ago. Only advice I'd give you is don't let it sit too long without driving. I used to switch between E85 and 91 octane. Drove until the truck was on fumes before I used one or the other. Let the truck sit for awhile (couple months) and had to get it towed to the dealer to replace the fuel filter by the time I got back to it. Last fill up was E85. I'm not a mechanic, so I couldn't tell you why I only had that issue with leaving the E85 in my tank for longer periods of time. Could have been it was just the last juice in the tank, and the fuel filter was starting to fail anyway. This happened when I had about 25K on the clock. *shrug* I'm up to 48K on the clock and haven't had the issue again (probably because I never put E85 back in it after the fuel filter change).

Anyway, I agree...the engine responded better to the E85, and my foot always found a reason to go a little closer to the floor, so forget about mpg. Lots more fun to drive :)

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E85 is all I use in my 2003 Tahoe. On my application, Magnacharger at 10psi, e85 is worth about 40rwhp due to the higher octane allowing for more timing safely as well as the cooling properties of it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadawson74