E85 fuel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am mixing 3 gallons of e85 with every fill up of 93 on my non flex fuel truck.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So long as he puts less than 5gal in there, he is fine. The fuel trims are more than capable of handling a small amount.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no reason whatsoever to put E85 in yer vehicle especially if its non flex fuel youd be better off putting 3 gallons of piss in there
E85 is a friggen joke youd think that since running e85 cuts yer mileage in half in some cases that it would be significantly cheaper then regular gas but its not here in phoenix its around 2.19 reg is 2.70 when u factor in the big loss in mileage it actually costs more to run E85 here in the phoenix area
gasoline outs out about 114000 BTUs per gal and E85 only puts out 81000 BTUs per gallon thats like watered down booze dont get nearly as drunk costs just as much and still got a massive hangover

lol why cant we just all run nitrometh LOL

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, maybe for is cleaning properties?
Maybe because the couple extra gallons raises octane level a point or two and guys pushing timing can gain a little power from it?
Maybe because some of us in extremely hot conditions with very hight IAT's can benefit from E85's anti knock properties to keep our tuned or even stock engines from knocking and pulling timing, aka keeping our power levels what they should be on a hot day?

Maybe because we want to and don't give two turtle ***** what other people think about how we fuel, drive and tune our rides?

Or maybe, just maybe to troll guys who come in and spew nonsense as in your post above?

There's some thing a lot of us was thought as a kid that you obviously wasn't.

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, keep your mouth shut.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lamerem

lamerem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was stated before, we didn't buy these road warrior beasts based on fuel mileage. If you did, your not right in the head. However, E85 is a step in the direction of lowering or need for foreign oil. Brazil offers 100% ethanol at all of their pumps, it's the law there to have the choice. This country utilizes the Monopoly theory. You buy a frachise and they dictate what you can sell.

It burns better, cleaner and I have noticed a performance difference.

JennaBear, can your tuning be worked around ethanol? What kind of improvements can be made there?

BruteForece

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem with ethanol here in the states is that it actually costs more to refine than crude oil. The only reason it is cheaper at the pump than regular gasoline is because it is subsidized so much by the government and the corn prices go through the roof, which in turn drives up our grocery bill. There is absolutely no need to be using any other countries oil, when we have plenty of our own much cleaner crude oil that we should be refining, I digress.
I try to avoid running any ethanol in any of my engines as much as possible, especially my small engines that weren't designed to run it, also my personal preference, but it is getting harder to do. I don't doubt that you can get more HP with ethanol, I have seen the numbers on modded vehicles proving that. E85 is harder to find in my area unless I go into the city, so I have not tried it, only 10% blend is what is available.

jetmech

Reaction score
E85 or ethanol in general is not an end all to foreign oil, but it is certainly a step in the right direction. At least there are programs being developed to offset the importation of foreign energy supplies. Ethanol fuel is a renewable energy resource, while currently developed from corn (feedstock type, not table) there were projects on going to produce it from switch grass, unfortunately the technology is lacking and the yield isn't that great. I think we will find an alternative source eventually, we will have to milking dry oil wells and fracking will only take us so far.

Blumax

Reaction score
Nitro.....LOL! I have an RC car that runs 60% nitro and it will smoke the tires. I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84