Dual alternators vs dual batteries?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlackTruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey fellas I'm hooking up 4 kc long range lights this weekend and right now I have a red top optima and was thinking about putting in a 2nd optima. I'm also doing the big 3 upgrade when I put the lights in but for driving with the kc lights on for several hours which setup would help more dual batteries or dual alternators? Thanks for the info

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 batteries and 1 high output alternator will be more than enough. Tenney Alternators has a special going in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02ext24

Reaction score
2 batterys does no good if your alt cant keep up with the load! And i dont see a need for 2 alts in you case. Id get a high out put alt and go from there

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Id get both you never knkw when you are going to upgrade and if theres a slecial then why not have overkill for when you need it;) i no i like to spend others money lol

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 batterys does no good if your alt cant keep up with the load! And i dont see a need for 2 alts in you case. Id get a high out put alt and go from there

Our stock 130a/145a alts are plenty for what he needs. Compared to other vehicles that come with tiny 70 or 80a alts.

You would be fine adding a second battery. You could even fit it under the hood on the passenger side.

I ran 3k RMS off stock 130a alt with the big 3 and 2 batts in the back.

Those light's aren't gonna pull THAT much.

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ I agree on those light no pulling that much power. But if you are worried I would do the alternator. For sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterF

Latest posts