Dropped of the '17 Denali this morning to start the Maggie install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gat0r, what drop are you sitting at now? I have the belltech spindles and tony's adjustable kit sitting in a bedroom at the house. I keep waffling back and forth on whether to lower it any or leave it alone. Cant make up my mind. I think at a minimum i will throw in the rear drop to level it up some. I want to keep a slight rake just not the huge factory rake.

Your ride still good with the drop?

Also, you running any type of radar detector setup? LOL

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am @ 2"/2.25" currently

ride is great

i also just bought spindles from tony b/c i want a little more.
ultimately i think i want 3"/3.5" or 3"/4" drop

i also picked up a set of the airlift helper bags from tony for when i tow my friends toys.

no radar detector, as i realized i would stop paying attention for cops & would always get a ticket when using a detector lol ;) 44566.jpg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates for Dyno results? Also, it seems the tuning process for your '17 wasn't very smooth or as easy as you thought it would be with Magnuson, can you elaborate on that? I would assume the TVS2300 kit would come with some sort of "starter tune" or "one size fits all" tune from Magnuson? The tune was probably provided remotely from Magnuson but did they give it to you or the dealership that you had do the install?

Based on the dealership offering factory warranty and Magnuson warranty on supercharger related items as long as you use their tune, I'm assuming you can't just go to your local tuner and make any adjustments to the tune. What Magnuson provides is what you get. So did you provide any logs to Magnuson after install so they could make any adjustments or tweaks to the tune or just whatever they provide you is what you get?

Sorry so many questions, this is just the first I have heard of having a GMC dealership actually do a Magnuson install and still offer warranty as long as certain parameters are meet (ie don't alter Magnuson tune, GMC dealer does the install). You've lucked out with a good dealership and highly interested in seeing what my options are for my '15 Denali XL.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries on the questions man. Tuning a 2017 seems to be quite a pain just in general honestly. For 2017's, you have to pull your stock file using HPTuners and send the stock file to Magnuson. The problem though is pulling the file with HPTuners is cumbersome and time consuming. It fails to read it the first time and then it asks you to wait 30 minutes and then try again. I ended up having to link back up with my tuner the next day after we tried the initial read. It was just problematic. After that though, it was easy. You just have to hope somebody at your dealer has HPTuners to help you out. Takes 4 credits to unlock these 2017 vehicles. The tune from magnuson is just their generic canned tune. And yes, i am assuming any alterations to their tune will void their warranty but that has always been the case.

Yours being a 2015, it should be much easier.

The plan is to get it on the dyno this wednesday evening if there is a spot open. I will bump the thread once i get the numbers.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And still no video clips or sound bites
Or putting us on hold until you get everything smoothed over?

Last edited:

Dark Star

Reaction score
No worries on the questions man. Tuning a 2017 seems to be quite a pain just in general honestly. For 2017's, you have to pull your stock file using HPTuners and send the stock file to Magnuson. The problem though is pulling the file with HPTuners is cumbersome and time consuming. It fails to read it the first time and then it asks you to wait 30 minutes and then try again. I ended up having to link back up with my tuner the next day after we tried the initial read. It was just problematic. After that though, it was easy. You just have to hope somebody at your dealer has HPTuners to help you out. Takes 4 credits to unlock these 2017 vehicles. The tune from magnuson is just their generic canned tune. And yes, i am assuming any alterations to their tune will void their warranty but that has always been the case.

Yours being a 2015, it should be much easier.

The plan is to get it on the dyno this wednesday evening if there is a spot open. I will bump the thread once i get the numbers.

We’re you able to tune the tranny too? We finally got the engine but not the tranny. I was holding off on a SC until we could unlock it?

Miss my callaway I’m ready for another SC vehicle.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t tuned yet but seems to be some promising info out there that guys are getting close to being able to tune the transmissions in these. Blackbear seems to be close so I am on their waitlist for when they get it ready to push out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz