Dropped of the '17 Denali this morning to start the Maggie install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dreams are made of. Bet it is fun to drive.
Thing is a blast. It completely transforms the driving habits of the truck. Let a coworker drive it and i think i could have sold him the truck afterwards if i was interested. LOL

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just peace of mind. Plus the dealership guys told me that they would maintain my factory warranty as well as long as i stuck to the magnuson factory setup. Hard to beat or complain about that. Plus the truck only has 2800 miles on it so i know there will be some gremlins to work out.

That's what everyone says. What I wonder is, what happens when the warranty does expire? What happens to the peace of mind?

Definitely not arguing with you, friend. Just coming at it from a different angle, I guess.

Oh, and I'm not a jealous person, but I admit I'm jealous as hell of your ride.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what everyone says. What I wonder is, what happens when the warranty does expire? What happens to the peace of mind?

Definitely not arguing with you, friend. Just coming at it from a different angle, I guess.

Oh, and I'm not a jealous person, but I admit I'm jealous as hell of your ride.
I hear ya man. I think my thing is just knowing that something have been free to fix versus not. LOL. Once its out of warranty i figure i am responsible anyways so f it. LOL. But with so few miles, just want to make sure i i get the kinks worked out on GM's dime and not mine.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked through the manual but no mention of pulley size. I will throw a tape measure on it this evening. Oh definitely. Once the warranty period is gone, it will get some more love. LOL. I had a volant intake but got some feedback that it wouldnt work with the maggie. Is there a certain cold air box that does?

the volant box will fit...its the volant air tube that wont work, as MAF is moved to tube.
& the magnuson air tube doesnt have provision for the MAF sensor.

i was able to use the K&N GMPP CAI w/ magnuson air tube {w/ my 1900}.
as it keeps MAF sensor on CAI box.
[ & it has a GM part #, so they shouldnt hassle you about it ;) ]
once it cools back down (which may be a while in TX ;) i'll go dyno it again.

you'll want to also hog out the opening in the fender, if/when you make CAI update.
as it is partially blocked. dont understand why GM did this on hoe/burb... as they didnt do it on the trucks

eta:
air-intake_sm-288947.jpg

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh & just in case,
to measure pulley its the belt surface for size. not outside lip to lip measurement.
but since belt is on, you can measure outside l2l & then subtract measurement from lip to belt surface.

or try to feel backside of pulley for any engravings. if it has some, use a mirror to try & read it.
seems some have engravings on back & some dont.

mine has none, but a buddies does. & his is a 3.4" for the 1900.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do man. Good to know on the GM cold air intake. Is yours the 6.2 or 5.3? Not sure if that matters when it comes to the airbox honestly. Hoping to get my truck on the dyno soon to see what it looks like.

You running any extra gauges on yours?

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also have to add.........corsa+6.2+boost=insanity. Man it sounds so freakin good. And the maggie tune ditched the v4 mode so that is even better. LOL

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is 5.3, so you may need to look @ GM perf catalog & see if they offer one for your 6.2.
as i believe there is a light difference in throttle body size.

if it wont work, look for a CAI that has MAF still on box vs tube.

the 2300 kit came w/ a K&N , correct?
if so, maybe just make sure the fender well is opened up & then leave stock box.
i know hennessey& lingenfelter use the stock air box on their builds up to about 700hp

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i am thinking. Just leave the stock box and maybe modify it a bit.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ if you remove the top of air box & filter...
you will see the portion i am talking about.

i cant recall what my stock box looked like on inside... box may need slight modification too.
i think i have a pic of inside of K&N box after i cut, if i find it i will post it...so you can compare

i think there are some posts from other peeps doing this work. (think it may have been tony - norcal ss)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9