drop and towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to 2/3 drop on my 2011 SLT. I have custom wheels on now, but will probably go back to my 22 GMC stocks (CK0375?)

I do tow. Usually heavy UHaul 4 wheel car transport, light weight VW on top (2500lbs or so). What kind of problems am I going to have. I don't see any air stuff in the back suspension, only the front shocks look like air shocks. I don't usually tow much more than 200-300 miles at a time to car shows, but there is a show coming up in Tuscson which is quite a distance

thanks in advance
I'm not against a 2/2 drop, keeping some rake in exchange for better towing. Did that on my Sierra and it was fine

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
easily do a 2/3, then add helper bags in the springs... you'll be fine

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd like to 2/3 drop on my 2011 SLT. I have custom wheels on now, but will probably go back to my 22 GMC stocks (CK0375?)

I do tow. Usually heavy UHaul 4 wheel car transport, light weight VW on top (2500lbs or so). What kind of problems am I going to have. I don't see any air stuff in the back suspension, only the front shocks look like air shocks. I don't usually tow much more than 200-300 miles at a time to car shows, but there is a show coming up in Tuscson which is quite a distance

thanks in advance
I'm not against a 2/2 drop, keeping some rake in exchange for better towing. Did that on my Sierra and it was fine

towing is no problem with my kits
this kit
http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

then you add in airlift 60742 and can tow no issues.

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with a 2/3 drop, hows the ride? I have 90K miles and it's not bad but I feel like it could be better at stock height. I do have 22's and 285/45/22's.

How about turn radius? I've heard some spindles cause you to lose a lot. I really like the stock turn radius, I can u turn on my street with square curbs nicely

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Belltech does keep turning radius.

1clean08denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Norcal ss got me all hooked up 2 3 drop with the air bag kit that goes in the coil and it tows amd rides great uploadfromtaptalk1454990550968.jpg