Drivers side front rhythmic "Thump"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the front diff on my 2000 4wd, went to the junk yard found a real nice clean one sitting under a escalade, pulled it out and put it in, not that hard at all. I think it cost me about $150-165, taking the old one out goes much faster than putting it back in. gravity lol

OP
OP
L

lcguy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So....long story short, ended up being the front diff. Have a rebuild ordered. When I drained the diff, had a bunch of shrapnel come out with it. End of the drain plug looked like a piece of broccoli. Also lots of pieces inside when I peeked in. This thing should be like new by the time I am done with it.

OP
OP
L

lcguy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1650.jpg

So, after all was said and done, I replaced the front diff and took a look at the old. Here is what I found, and lots of large gear chunks rattling around inside the case. Runs like a champ now. Changed the oil, plugs, wires, and rear brakes while I was at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645