Rattling/vibrating glove box door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
So I looked at my glove box latch assembly and found that the plastic housing where the latch bar (maybe called a latch eye) is screwed into (2 screws) is cracked and a piece broke off, so it is loose. Now the glove box closes (hook engages the eye) but since there's a lot of play the glovebox light stays on because there's not enough force to keep the switch pressed, so I had to disconnect the light switch connector. Now I'm looking for a pewter grey glove box assembly (probably the whole thing door and housing/trim)
Can you post a picture of the light, my suv does not have it. I was scammed by GM. I wonder how hard would it be to retro fit?

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check my 2005 Denali but I didn't think I had one...perhaps just burned out...but then OR VietVet is right...do I really need one???? ;)

Bill

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I looked at my glove box latch assembly and found that the plastic housing where the latch bar (maybe called a latch eye) is screwed into (2 screws) is cracked and a piece broke off, so it is loose. Now the glove box closes (hook engages the eye) but since there's a lot of play the glovebox light stays on because there's not enough force to keep the switch pressed, so I had to disconnect the light switch connector. Now I'm looking for a pewter grey glove box assembly (probably the whole thing door and housing/trim)
I have a used one.
My '04 LT doesn't have a glove box light. I feel cheated.
03 was the last year for the glovebox light. It can be retrofitted, or just get a used one from a junkyard.
This is the light switch you'll need for the retrofit.IMAG0323_416229821831947.jpg
You'll need to cut out the blank square to the right of the metal latch. I'm not sure how you'd do the wiring tho.

Attachments

• IMAG0319_416229350720072.jpg
    IMAG0319_416229350720072.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
J

jhilario72

Reaction score

and FYI, sorry I used the wrong terminology, the "latch bar" is a latch striker.

OP
OP
J

jhilario72

Reaction score
Just hit me with a reasonable offer. Not sure how much it'll cost to ship tho. I'm in 07734.
Thanks for the offer. I found the part on eBay, shipping for free from NY. It's $130 for the whole assembly (glove box door & bezel trim). Color code 922 (grey) and is also from a 2003 Denali.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I found the part on eBay, shipping for free from NY. It's $130 for the whole assembly (glove box door & bezel trim). Color code 922 (grey) and is also from a 2003 Denali.
Np. Sounds a little expensive, but if you're happy that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts