Don't ya just love rodents?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chase Epperson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So last week I started my truck and already had the A/C turned on from the night before. I heard a weird squeal and a knocking sound from the dash. Later on that day I came to realize that a mouse had gotten into my blower motor. I got it out of there and cleaned it as best as I could, but I can't get the smell of dead animal out of the vents... this is probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone have any suggestions? ca530a775e558b585a4b91c3735af7d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He probably thought it was an exercise wheel. There are some "odor bombs" ( think turtle wax makes one ). You put you AC on recirc., close the windows and fire off the canister. I used one to get smoke smell out of a used car I bought. They work pretty well. I think Griots has one of the best air fresheners that really lasts, much better than Ozium. If it's really bad, you can always try an ozonator.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep arm and hammer baking soda in your car for the next few days and it so so remove it

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steam cleaner, its always nice to have for other car detailing as well. You can also buy a can of coffee beans and put them in a tube sock under your seat. that will eat up all the smell.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just heard of someone putting an open bag of Kingsford charcoal in their car for a few days to remove odors.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ozone is the best way to remove odors. That is what most dealers use to eliminate smoke smell out of vehicles. You just have to not overdue it, if used at too high of a concentrate, it can start to break down plastics, etc

Companies that go into home that have had fire damage will use ozonators to remove the smoke smell as well. It is actually one of the strongest sanitizers know to man. It is also used in the pool industry and if set at the right dosage, it can even kill cryptosporidium.

Another way to eliminate odors is to put a little vinegar in a bowl and let it sit in the car overnight. Most odors eliminators you buy off the shelf, just temporarily cover up the smell, not eliminate it. You can also leave you car outside with the windows down on a windy day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts