Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case is all about the space.
I'm been DJing for more than 15 years.
I started with a 4 runner wich quickly it came down to. I need more room. Bought an 07 Yukon XL never look back. Solid truck till last year that I got a 2016 XL.
The feature for me of not taking out the seat is a blessing.
But to your question. I Think it comes down to money. It you can push the extra $10k go for it. You and wife won't regret it. Specially with kids and all.
By away I do alot basketball tournaments. After 2 months you'll drive that thing like if is a Toyota Corolla. I even got compliments on the road test from a salesmen on how easy I drive that truck. Plus you got all the cameras and sensors helping you out.

Last edited:

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here it's about the space me and the wife bought a 09 swb back in Aug and she complained about having to fold up the 3rd row just to go shopping so about 2 months ago we traded it in for an 14 lwb now she's happy loldf6610858672dfbfad5d69b3dcbb2024.jpg23142727de655c3176b0245b24191aaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By away! Sone has the cojones... of calling my Beast a soccer MOM... LOL!
NO WAY my Panda looks like...

IMG_20170525_160112_357.jpg

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a 2010 SWB Escalade and currently drive a 2015 LWB Escalade.

Pros to LWB:
1. 2nd row doors are full size (windows go all the way down)
2. 2nd row has slightly more leg room than SWB, easier to get in and out of backseat
3. Towing is more stable in LWB due to longer wheelbase - i've towed my 5k lb boat around with both vehicles and the LWB is definitely more smooth riding
4. You get 2 fold down video screen in the LWB
5. Third row seat is actually useable
6. Storage behind third row is great, if you fold down third row storage is amazing

Pros to SWB:
1. To me feels like a sports car compared to driving LWB - can whip around corners/park with ease
2. Doesn't look like a soccer mom mobile

Both are great choices, I picked the LWB on my current vehicle due to wanting a useable third row seat and still being able to have cargo space in the rear.

What he said^^^^

Plus with 3+ kids, I think a LWB is almost a must unless you never plan on making any overnight road trips with family.

I always preferred the look of the SWB with the pre15 trucks but with the 15+ models I tend to favor the looks of LWB.

Don't get me wrong, I like both and may eventually pick up a SWB for a 2nd vehicle, but the new SWB look like they should have been longer and have a chopped look in the rear...almost too short looking.

Good Luck!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a tahoe and a denali. Magnetic ride on the denali sucks IMO (but I bought one anyway lol). So frickin stiff. I'd like to try the escalade with the different drive modes, maybe one of those can soften it.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did also forget, the second row has full sized doors. Getting in and out is a lot easier for both second and especially third row riders.
IMO, I don't feel the LWB looks soccer MOM at all. When I look at my truck I see more limo. ;)

Last edited:

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2002 had a Yukon XL but had kids - in 2007 kids out of the house and started buying pickups until last month when we bought a SWB Yukon SLT Premium and absolutely love it. Truck like with a sport feel. Just perfect until the grandkids start coming......can't beat the XL for room that is for sure. We are truly fortunate to have so many choices that are really all quality rides.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown