Do many people use the GM Remote App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if many people are aware of this yet, but when I was trading in my 2016 dodge journey for a 2018 Terrain they told me that I had only one month of trial service for the onstar system and the remote app. After the month trial was over they wanted, 15.99 a month for the remote app and it had to be bundled with one of the other GM OnStar services for a total of $40 a month, do youse guys think its worth it. To be clear, current owners up to May 1 are not on the hook so my suburban is still 5 years.
I hope that there is a nice blowback for GM to reconsider this.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use it and I never renewed any of the OnStar services on my truck.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
My wife uses the remote start on the app all the time on her equinox.....we get the actual app for 5 years but only have the 6 month free trial of Onstar, after the trial is up, I don’t think the app features will work.......

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if many people are aware of this yet, but when I was trading in my 2016 dodge journey for a 2018 Terrain they told me that I had only one month of trial service for the onstar system and the remote app. After the month trial was over they wanted, 15.99 a month for the remote app and it had to be bundled with one of the other GM OnStar services for a total of $40 a month, do youse guys think its worth it. To be clear, current owners up to May 1 are not on the hook so my suburban is still 5 years.

It appears you were given the wrong information. The app works with the paid version and also up to 5years as basic app features only, no security or other services from the original date of sell. I used it almost daily in extreme weather on my 13 and a few times this winter on my new to me 16.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No. I use the onstar app all the time though.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For me, renewing depends on if you actually use the feature or not.

Are you the type of person to have the best cable tv package money can buy, yet dont ever watch tv?

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I use it to share addresses with the in-dash nav. It's easier to find destinations in a phone (especially if you can copy them from a message) and send them to your dash using the app (vs. looking them up in-dash). My 2013 has 5 years free (as noted above) and it's unlikely I'll subscribe after that. I occasionally use the app for key fob stuff, but it's pretty rare. It's been nice every once in a while when I have had the oil change place lock the keys in the car and I can pick up the car after hours by unlocking with the app.

MiamiDubai

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use it all the time. Once it saved my hide. Walked out of my house to check the mailbox and locked the door behind me (force of habit).

Luckily I always have my phone on me. Used the app to unlock my truck door and retrieve my spare key from the compartment behind the screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz