Dl3 mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgalford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You dont have to remove the panel if your just changing the switch. But if your changing the mirrors then you do have to remove the panel because the wiring from the mirrors is held onto the inside of the door by 3-4 stubborn ass clips

+1
I just replaced my drivers mirror since I destroyed my old one backing into the garage.

mary900

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 LS here. The DL3 changeover required both driver and passenger door switches. My local dealer wouldn't flash the switches on my LS, so...hubby has 2008 Silverado LTZ (both vehicles have same switches).
1. Put his switches in my Tahoe, worked like a champ.
2. Ordered his same switches for his Silverado and installed.
3. Took Silverado to dealer and said options stopped working.
4. Dealer flashed his switches.

...life is good for both vehicles.

OP
OP
1STIMEYUKON

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder why it would require both switches? the part number in my yukon and the part number in the denalis are the exact same for the passenger side door switches. 15906882

mary900

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure why. First started out with just changing out driver side switch, but passenger side would not work until we swapped passenger switch. My guess is that the dealer flash probably flashes both switches.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side door switch needs to be programmed or you need a switch assembly out of a unit that had DL3 from factory. Dealers are a pain in the a$$ to get them to program for you and private shops will need special overide codes from GM to unlock the function. This was the case for my 08' LT2.

OP
OP
1STIMEYUKON

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if programming the switches with the tech 2 is anything like programming my non nav yukon to use the factory nav then it shouldnt be a problem for my shop! it took them half an hour or so to do it. thats sucks about the passenger side switch. im getting a used drivers door switch on friday and was hoping thats all i would need. oh well back to the drawing board!