Diablosport sprint afm module vs range device

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the range to shut it off for a year then sell it and get a bbt... thats what im going to do. Who says they go bad? No reviews i saw... :2cents:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought mine used locally for $220 CAD (new one @ $250 is USD). I'd assume you would have to update the unit by plugging into your computer then you can plug and play

Unfortunaly the i1000 is vin locked to one vehicle at a time. I believe the Diablo trinity and the Intune I2 can do multiple vehicles @ $100/additional license.

As far as modifications go like CAI or Exhaust, there are tunes loaded onto the unit but they are "General tunes". I didn't buy the unit for the tunes... I bought it to turn off AFM and Calibrate the speedo to my tire size
You paid 220 to calibrate your speedo which was off by what 3-5 mph? Just sayin range is cheap, he can sell it if he wants more and get a tuner or bbt later..

OP
OP
S

steve34459

Reaction score
Use the range to shut it off for a year then sell it and get a bbt... thats what im going to do. Who says they go bad? No reviews i saw... :2cents:

This is the plan, assuming the truck is staying. Range are cheaper on ebay.

O5Denali

Reaction score
You paid 220 to calibrate your speedo which was off by what 3-5 mph? Just sayin range is cheap, he can sell it if he wants more and get a tuner or bbt later..

I had this on my 2007 NNBS Sierra 1500. I actually had it to remove AFM, Calibrate speedo when upsizing tires that was off.... speeding is speeding cops don't care if its 5 over and your speedo gets more inaccurate the higher speed you are travelling even from factory, and removing the torque management. If you haven't driven an NNBS truck (can't say for NBS) without the torque management you are missing out! Thats the way they should of came from factory, you actually have power when you press the throttle and you don't have to hold the pedal down half way just to maintain cruise. 1/8 of throttle and I'm cruising. Do what you all wish! I'm just saying for the extra $30-40 you spend on an OBD2 scanner you're laughing

Do as you all please. I'm just giving my thoughts.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this on my 2007 NNBS Sierra 1500. I actually had it to remove AFM, Calibrate speedo when upsizing tires that was off.... speeding is speeding cops don't care if its 5 over and your speedo gets more inaccurate the higher speed you are travelling even from factory, and removing the torque management. If you haven't driven an NNBS truck (can't say for NBS) without the torque management you are missing out! Thats the way they should of came from factory, you actually have power when you press the throttle and you don't have to hold the pedal down half way just to maintain cruise. 1/8 of throttle and I'm cruising. Do what you all wish! I'm just saying for the extra $30-40 you spend on an OBD2 scanner you're laughing

Do as you all please. I'm just giving my thoughts.

Im just saying, he wants to go cheap.
You are right about speeding but i know my speedo is off by about 2 mph and account for it where necessary and told my wife to do the same... although not many cops around here care about 2mph...
No i havent driven a nnbs with torque mgmt removed but i stayed in a holiday inn express last night and I always have my foot in it because i love the way my truck sounds..
I will eventually get an autocal from bbt and sell my range to offset that cost....but for now im saving my 5.3 by turning off the afm, as long as it doesnt blow up from me mashing the gas everytime i drive it...
My thoughts.....

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Diablo i1000 or i2030, do you know if you can adjust the v4/v8 switching range (like the hypertech)?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest drawback with any tune is you have to reload stock parameters before going to dealer then re-install. With Range you just pull the plug before going to dealer and plug it back in afterwards.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not just turn it on or off?

Great, thanks.

harbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both seem to around the same price range. These basically do the same thing, right? They just disable afm and do not have any advantages over the other, right? Thanks!

Steve,
I have done both, here's why. At 124,000 miles I experienced my first AFM failure, just outside the 120,000 mile warranty. Valve was stuck on 4 or 6 (right side), can't remember which one. Replaced the stuck valve lifter. Less than a year later, failure on left side. Replaced all four lifters on 1 and 7. Less than a year later, failure back on right side. Replaced all four on right side. So now all eight have been replaced. Found out about Range AFM Disabler. Ordered in September 2015. Noticed a few times, it didn't light up and car went into v4 according to dash monitor. Fast forward to this month. Driving from Arkansas to Texas and lifter sticks on 7 with Range AFM Disabler plugged in.

Replaced all four lifters on 1 and 7 (left side). Went to Engine Performance shop and had them perform AFM Delete using DiabloSport. Cost the same as Range. Can only be undone by dealer reprogramming it. I don't go to the dealer so this will never be a problem.

There is a difference between disabling and deleting. Having done this major job FOUR times, I don't want to experience it ever again!