Diablosport sprint afm module vs range device

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve34459

Reaction score
Both seem to around the same price range. These basically do the same thing, right? They just disable afm and do not have any advantages over the other, right? Thanks!

O5Denali

Reaction score
Yes but I would pitch in another $60 and get a refurbished Diablo Intune 1000... You can disable AFM, calibrate speedo to your tire size and use it as an engine code reader and at the end of the day you can unplug it leave it in your center console or home.

People report after some time the plug in modules go wonky after 1 or 2 years... it will kick into AFM so you have to replug and plug in again

OP
OP
S

steve34459

Reaction score
Yes but I would pitch in another $60 and get a refurbished Diablo Intune 1000... You can disable AFM, calibrate speedo to your tire size and use it as an engine code reader and at the end of the day you can unplug it leave it in your center console or home.

People report after some time the plug in modules go wonky after 1 or 2 years... it will kick into AFM so you have to replug and plug in again

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, i have heard those stories about having to unplug them. I will look into the intune. Just exploring the inexpensive options, at the moment.

O5Denali

Reaction score
I bought mine used locally for $220 CAD (new one @ $250 is USD). I'd assume you would have to update the unit by plugging into your computer then you can plug and play

Unfortunaly the i1000 is vin locked to one vehicle at a time. I believe the Diablo trinity and the Intune I2 can do multiple vehicles @ $100/additional license.

As far as modifications go like CAI or Exhaust, there are tunes loaded onto the unit but they are "General tunes". I didn't buy the unit for the tunes... I bought it to turn off AFM and Calibrate the speedo to my tire size

OP
OP
S

steve34459

Reaction score
I bought mine used locally for $220 CAD (new one @ $250 is USD). I'd assume you would have to update the unit by plugging into your computer then you can plug and play

Unfortunaly the i1000 is vin locked to one vehicle at a time. I believe the Diablo trinity and the Intune I2 can do multiple vehicles @ $100/additional license.

As far as modifications go like CAI or Exhaust, there are tunes loaded onto the unit but they are "General tunes". I didn't buy the unit for the tunes... I bought it to turn off AFM and Calibrate the speedo to my tire size

For the moment, we too only need AFM disable . The speedo calibration is a PLUS, assuming the speedo wasnt calibrated.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go with the range then.... cheap enough for just afm if thats all you need and save for diablo or better yet bbt

OP
OP
S

steve34459

Reaction score
Go with the range then.... cheap enough for just afm if thats all you need and save for diablo or better yet bbt

Looks like range is more affordable, at the moment. Blackbear forbsure in the future when it gets more affordable for the 6.2

O5Denali

Reaction score
Idk maybe its just me but $40-$50 more investment and you can recoup most of it back later, if you go BB or an actual tune, while your range unit will probably break in 1-2 years and be worthless. Just my 2 cents!

That is less than half a tank of gas you're contemplating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove