Detailed Guide to an LSA upgrade / conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to generate a detailed "go-to" or "pinned" post for converting/upgrading 5.3/6.0/6.2 trucks with LSA blowers. Including every nut and bolt necessary, proper spark plugs and gap, correct accessory brackets, injectors, pump, and part numbers for everything. For most people it will probably serve more as a heads-up or even deterrent on the project (realizing by the time you have acquired everything needed you're likely just shy of a brand new TVS kit), but for others with access to cheap / discounted parts or whatever, it could be a solid guide...
So (if it's allowed), to get started, if anyone has a parts list going or information to add, toss it into this thread and I will continue to "re-work" this initial post to serve as a detailed guide. If not, well, the mods can spank me.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slowly gathering info, coming across quite a few detailed threads on a few different forums, trying to decipher whats BS, old & obsolete, legitimate, on top of what actually works vs what most likely does not, has proven to be on edge of daunting / overwhelming, but never the less, i'm on target, and ANY input, info, research etc etc is greatly appreciated and more than welcome...

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also... at this point it is very clear to me that by the end of said conversion, you will be invested just shy of a brand new complete Mag TVS1900 kit (this, I believe is not exactly news to anyone). Even with that clear, I'm still on a mission to get this solid parts (and part numbers) and modifications list completed... just in case someone has access to cheap parts etc etc

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was already a thread made on ss forums with the parts and part numbers required for the conversion. The cool thing about going the LSA route is that, not everybody has 4+ grand laying around to grab a new Maggie kit, so you can piece one together for less than 3 grand.

Last edited:

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BanditHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure if can be done for a lot less than 3k. I've already got the supercharger and that was only $400. Some quick math i think I can do it for around $1000-$1500 shopping for everything. If it's a 5.3 you're going to need adapter plates; the blower doesn't fit the heads. I would self-tune mine so that's another savings point for me.

I'll probably never do it to the Tahoe, but for other projects is why I bought the blower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez