Destroyed power steering pulley.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just curious if there's any good ways to get the PS pump off without removing the pulley? I pretty much just destroyed it using a puller tool. The snout has pretty much sheared in half. Are the bolts behind it accessible enough to get out with fingers? I can get a wrench on them and break them loose.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 02 I had to remove the pulley. Not sure about the OBS.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to pull the whole bracket off, I know it slides forward enough to do an intake gasket job but not sure if there's anything keeping it from being completely removed beyond that point.

Disconnect the throttle cables and fold the a/c compressor over to the passenger side, disconnecting the refrigerant hoses at the plastic bracket near the alternator first so you don't kink them.

But you'd still probably have to cut the pulley apart to take the pump out of the bracket. At least you'd have more room then or just grab a bracket from a salvage yard.

Worth a shot maybe, otherwise cutting the pulley or maybe using a torch would be in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz