Denali Wood Dash Swap into Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaseDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a new (used) SUV. It's between a Yukon, Tahoe, or Yukon Denali.

I really like the Black Cherry Wood (grey/ smoke) dash on the Denali and I am wondering if I can swap the wood trim into a Tahoe (plug and play). What would be needed to do this?

Some people say that I should just get a Tahoe since its less electronic items to hassle with, and also a smaller engine and not all time awd.

For reference, I am looking at 2003-2006.

Thanks for the help!

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Tahoe's can have just as many electronic items as the Denali's. You might enjoy the additional luxuries and extra power the Denali has compared to the Tahoe. Fuel economy is bad on all of these trucks.

Yes, the wood grain from the window switches and dash will swap over. If you want it on the console, you have to completely change consoles.

OP
OP
M

MaseDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I'm in NC too, down in Charlotte. Your truck looks great!

So the gas mileage difference is negligible? That's kind of how I see it...

Anyway, I'm just shopping around at this point. Just trying to find out what is possible and interchangeable.

The reviews and everything on these trucks are excellent. I've got a money pit VW right now, but it gets good gas mileage! Not sure if I can submit to ~15mpg!!

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Yeah, I am here in Raleigh. Thank you for the compliment! I have a Volvo that I drive a lot more because it gets 23mpg average. The Denali is about 15mpg! The gas mileage really is negligible between a Tahoe and a Denali. I am biased, but I say go with the Denali. You'll like the extra power too.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I'm in NC too, down in Charlotte. Your truck looks great!

So the gas mileage difference is negligible? That's kind of how I see it...

Anyway, I'm just shopping around at this point. Just trying to find out what is possible and interchangeable.

The reviews and everything on these trucks are excellent. I've got a money pit VW right now, but it gets good gas mileage! Not sure if I can submit to ~15mpg!!

In your area, is there a big price difference for a Denali? If not, get the Denali. It also depends whats important to you. The major differences are the body styling, engine, and AWD. If these aren't necessary, the interior can be easily upgraded to Denali spec. It sounds like you are concerned about MPG.