Denali Ultimate - 9 months additional XM Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wa3cuj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2018 Yukon Denali with the Ultimate package in December 2017. The GMC literature says that with this package you get an additional 9 months of XM radio beyond the normal 3 month trial. When I contacted XM to initiate my trial, they knew nothing about the 9 month additional. The dealer is telling me that I need to call XM at the end of the 3 month trial and explain it to them and they should add the 9 months at that time. This doesn't sound right to me.

Has anyone else on this board purchased a 2018 with the Ultimate package?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Why should you, the customer, need to explain to them,when it's in the GM literature. Another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My extension was automatic; no action was required on my part. (2016 LTZ, bought 8/2016)

OP
OP
W

wa3cuj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My extension was automatic; no action was required on my part. (2016 LTZ, bought 8/2016)
Did it show on your XM account right away? When I log in to my account it only shows my trial ending in 90 days.

OP
OP
W

wa3cuj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Register your radio on the SIRIUS website - it will show your subscription data based on your radio serial No.
Did that and it only shows the 90 day trial.

I see the Corvettes listed in your sig. I use to restore Corvettes (Nothing newer than 1967). My personal one was a 1961. It ended up being stolen twice!!! They never found it the 2nd time. Then I got married and my wife changed my priorities!! :)

Phdhusky

Reaction score
Bought my 2016 Yukon Denali new a week ago. XM was activated and shows a year.

77blue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wa3cuj - C2 stolen twice, wow, surprised you got it back the 1st time.

I had issues with Onstar on my Yukon even though upon delivery we did the normal set-up. When I would login to my.gmc.com/vehicle it would show Onstar available but not active. After an hour on the phone they decided to let it "update" overnight. Unfortunately the "basic" plan on my 16 Silverado disappeared overnight. Another hour on the phone the next day and we finally got it squared around - they claimed it was because I had multiple GM sites (Onstar, my.gmc.com, my.chevrolet.com) using the same login different passwords as the problem since they have "combined" the Onstar site now with the others. Anyway I'd try another phone call (try my.gmc.com/vehicle) and I'd be sure to push for an extension as compensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9