Denali rear air suspension decison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006-Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace mine also. I will be towing a travel trailer so would I be better off going with the Remanufactured that still have the dampening or would the Bilstiens work. I do like the stiffer ride, just don't know what effect it will have eliminating the elec dampening. Any help?

BIGSUVGUY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my rear suspension is shot. If I have people in the back seat of the truck the compressor kicks on about every 2-4 minutes. With about 95k miles on it I'm guessing I have a leak in one or both of the actual rear shocks.

In a few weeks I am moving and will be pulling a trailer loaded about 950 miles and I imagine that I'll probably burn out the compressor if I don't install some new shocks.

Has anyone installed the Monroe 40034 rears? I can't find much info on them but they appear to be the OEM shock and retain the electronic dampening. This is what I'm leaning towards as of now.
Let me know what you think.

I bought Monroe conversation kit for my 07 Yukon Denali and love it. The suspension warning on DIC is gone and it ride very smooth. I thing all full size SUV should ride smooth, but that's just my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DOP4APY/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought Monroe conversation kit for my 07 Yukon Denali and love it. The suspension warning on DIC is gone and it ride very smooth. I thing all full size SUV should ride smooth, but that's just my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DOP4APY/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My rear shocks are shot so is the compressor. How do you like the kit overall? Did you put it in yourself? Does it ride really smooth?

Thanks for your feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts