Denali on some new shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice man!!!! I've got this on my list of future mods too. I'll be interested to hear how your ride handles after the upgrade :)

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Spohn kit installed today. Wasn't too hard. Just took time. Had to run to the store a cpl times for tools and bolts. Panhard was a walk in the park, super easy to change. And the uppers were easy also. Now the lowers were a pain in the ass. Bit then after a tip from Tony I got the lowers in but it was a wrestling match with those haha got everything adjusted. Trucks centered now over the axle and lengthened the uppers and lowers to move the axle back and to adjust the pinion angle. I took lots of notes and measurements of the lengths of the bars if anyone ever needs for a reference. I played with my ride height a little bit also but need to adjust it some more. Thinking about trimming the passenger coil some because it's a lot higher than every other corner and can't get it to come down as much as I want.

Current ride height:
RF(driver): 31 3/4
LF: 31 5/8
RR: 32 1/16
LR: 33 1/16

Here's some pics from today's install
2e293b77.jpg

0fbae489.jpg

f3f449a4.jpg

63f693dd.jpg

455af8dc.jpg

12cfade0.jpg

eefedd50.jpg

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you tighten everything up with it up on the jackstands?

Yea I did tighten everything when it was on the jack stands but I also had the axle jacked up (suspension loaded). Is that maybe the problem that's chapping me?
I didn't know if I would be able to tighten everything when the wheels are on.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Check out my thread on options for mounting the e-brake cable after you've installed the new panhard bar.

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas about why the passenger rear might be sitting about an inch higher than every where else? I have the DJM TB 5.5 coils.

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you take measurements before you installed the new arms?

Yes. Here's the numbers I had before I installed the Spohn kit.
RF: 32 5/8
LF: 31 7/8
RR: 32
LR: 33 1/2
The only thing I've done so far to adjust my ride height was I decranked the driver torsion key. I think I decranked the driverside key too much cuz its made the RF lower but made the LR higher.

Last edited:

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By looking at your measurements, before and after, they pretty much stayed the same so I wouldn't think you did anything wrong with the new installation of the bars. I would take the rear springs out and make sure they are seated properly when reinstalling. Also for a peice of mind I would measure the height of both of them just to make sure they are not too far off while you have them out Make sure you get an alignment if you adjust your torsion bolts too much from where they were when you originally got an alignment so you don't wear out your new tires. By the way, the new wheels look nice!! :win:

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By looking at your measurements, before and after, they pretty much stayed the same so I wouldn't think you did anything wrong with the new installation of the bars. I would take the rear springs out and make sure they are seated properly when reinstalling. Also for a peice of mind I would measure the height of both of them just to make sure they are not too far off while you have them out Make sure you get an alignment if you adjust your torsion bolts too much from where they were when you originally got an alignment so you don't wear out your new tires. By the way, the new wheels look nice!! :win:

Well i'll have to check the coils and make sure they're in properly. I'm pretty sure they didn't move though cuz the short Belltech shocks hold the springs really well from moving when I jack up the truck. Also just curious, do you guys run any sort of short bump stops (like 3/4" from tony) in the rear? Cuz right now I have nothing for bumpstop in the rear.