Deleting/Bypassing The 'Service Suspension' Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
battlewagon

battlewagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure. idk why ive not seen it done more. very simple. long story short is just modify the bracketry that holds the air ride level sensors so that with the truck five inches lower, the level sensors are at nearly the same angle and compression. that was it. no parts nothing. didnt even use shock extenders on the rear. air ride worked 100% with trailering and people in the back

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh ok. That sounds right.
Why did you not use extenders?
The rear shock will be too compressed without them. Adding them would also make the ride better and stop the coils from coming out if the axle is ever overextended from the body.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You just need to wire in resistors at the plugs up front. I am not sure which resistor it is though. I'll see if I can find out.

OP
OP
battlewagon

battlewagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. That sounds right.
Why did you not use extenders?
The rear shock will be too compressed without them. Adding them would also make the ride better and stop the coils from coming out if the axle is ever overextended from the body.
because the trailing arm brackets for the rear 5" drop covered where the shock extenders would have gone ( i had shock extenders in hand, ready to install)

end of the day being air shocks, when compressed they function better than normal shocks when compressed. ride quality was fine.

You just need to wire in resistors at the plugs up front. I am not sure which resistor it is though. I'll see if I can find out.
i spent about 3 weeks on cadillac forums trying to get someone to measure the resistance of their air to static shock bypass kits from like arnott but no one did. if i knew that i woulda built my own resistors

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
because the trailing arm brackets for the rear 5" drop covered where the shock extenders would have gone ( i had shock extenders in hand, ready to install)

end of the day being air shocks, when compressed they function better than normal shocks when compressed. ride quality was fine.

i spent about 3 weeks on cadillac forums trying to get someone to measure the resistance of their air to static shock bypass kits from like arnott but no one did. if i knew that i woulda built my own resistors

You probably need the djm extenders or something equivalent because you will probably blow those shocks eventually and the djm extenders fit even with the relocation bracket for the axle

OP
OP
battlewagon

battlewagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah if i had kept it for the long run i would have modified the shock extenders i bought. truck is 100% stock now and hopefully sold this weekend.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have the arnott boxes here just havent had a chance to meter them if new owner needs info have em hit me up

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum