Delete AFM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
One of the reasons I went with the Superchips was because of the free updates. Easy interface on PC.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Active fuel management or DOD displacement on demand
Short version = Turns your V8 into a 4 cylinder at cruising speed/light loads to help with fuel efficiency.

conchasjim

Reaction score
Active fuel management or DOD displacement on demand
Short version = Turns your V8 into a 4 cylinder at cruising speed/light loads to help with fuel efficiency.

Thanks. Mine seems to work fine, so why disable it?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any time :)

They use collapsible lifters which are prone to fail and also consume oil are the two major issues. Which in turn will lead into other issues do to lack of oil.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'll tell you one big difference since delete afm. No more vibration when in 4 cyc mode nor awkward exhaust note change when switching from 4 to 8 and vice versa

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you one big difference since delete afm. No more vibration when in 4 cyc mode nor awkward exhaust note change when switching from 4 to 8 and vice versa

That's the main reason I disabled it. When I bought the truck, I thought something was wrong with it when on the highway. It seems like a waste, but in the grande scheme of things, it's just another trick to look better on paper.

Just like E85. It looks great on paper bc since you are only using 15% gas, theoretically, you get "better gas mileage" with the gas being used. In real life, for $.20 less a gallon, you get ~30% worse fuel milage.

Combine E85 and AFM on paper, this is a "fuel efficient" vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

conchasjim

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Mines working fine. No vibration or rough idle or oil consumption. Guess I'll leave it for now.