Debadging Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably should get a plastic scraper. And how hard is it to remove the moldings? I'm guessing there is a ton of adhesive?

don't waste your time with anything other than the 3M stripe wheel. Used some fishing wire to get some separation between the car and the badges, then used a heat gun to help remove the badges. Then used the stripe wheel to take off the sticky residue. Took me about an hour to debadge entire car with the help of this puppy:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-7498-STRIPE-WHEEL-W-ARBOR/dp/B0013HHNHC

mytahoe024.jpg

mytahoe025.jpg

mytahoe034.jpg

mytahoe031.jpg

Preludepearl417

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably should get a plastic scraper. And how hard is it to remove the moldings? I'm guessing there is a ton of adhesive?

WOAH, no go bro. No scraper. Take your time. I had the same problem just takes a lot of time. Put Goo Gone or some sort of sticky stuff remover on it, let it sit. When u heat up the emblem, peel it back on itself. I heated mine up so much i could barely touch it. It was rough but take your time. I washed and waxed the whole truck after too.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with goo gone or any of that shit. Get a 3 m wheel and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with goo gone or any of that shit. Get a 3 m wheel and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local paint shop had an offbrand wheel that was half the price of the 3m and did the job just as well. Took me an hour to debadge my hoe with it

Danny_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cheap heat gun from harbor freight and the rubber wheel is the only way to do it. The 3m rubber wheel is pretty pricey but they do make cheaper chinese ones ask your neighborhood body shop supply store they will carry it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n