Debadging Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the boards and currently working on my 2003 Tahoe. I was planning on debadging the whole truck today, but after I did the Tahoe logo on the driver side door, there is still a lot of residue on the side.

I have a hairdryer, fishing line, Goo Gone and some spot cleaner but I still have residue on the door!

I need help! How do I get this off and how do I make this a little easier?

Thanks

TexasFinest

Reaction score
You could try a degreaser and some elbow grease. Thats what I did when I had to remove some stubborn double sided tape. Just grab a towel and spray a little degreaser on it and start scrubbing, don't scrub too hard though TAKE YOUR TIME and it should come right out. Also remember to use a CLEAN or possibly new towel to minimize scratches.

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used stuff called Oops adhesive remover, can be bought at auto parts stores. It comes in a little metal can. Worked great for me, the sticky stuff basically melts off. I didn't use a hair dryer or or heat gun. I used oops and plastic putty knives. Follow up with some wax when your finished to make it look great. I used Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G10307

pauly_b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got done doing mine this past weekend. Takes alot of elbow grease and patience. I used plastic a plastic scraper and LOTS of goo gone. Heating gun helps too but be careful not to hold in one spot too long. After about 5 hours of scrubbing it was all done. Well worth it! Looks way better!

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done doing mine this past weekend. Takes alot of elbow grease and patience. I used plastic a plastic scraper and LOTS of goo gone. Heating gun helps too but be careful not to hold in one spot too long. After about 5 hours of scrubbing it was all done. Well worth it! Looks way better!

Wow 5 hours! I did my whole truck in 1 1/2 hours using Oops! :buffer: But your right, it sure makes our trucks look way better! :D

OP
OP
B

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I probably should get a plastic scraper. And how hard is it to remove the moldings? I'm guessing there is a ton of adhesive?

pauly_b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I probably should get a plastic scraper. And how hard is it to remove the moldings? I'm guessing there is a ton of adhesive?

Removing them is the easy part. Getting the adhesive off is the time consuming part. Try to get a friend to help you! It will go faster!

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a professional paint supply store and get yourself a 3 m rubber wheel. Attach it to a cordless drill to remove the glue and residue. Then use a cleaner wax after. Good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove