Dealing with North Country Weather!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pesti13nce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, i just picked up a new 2005 Z71, from the south.

I live up north in the snow/salt/crap belt and i'm looking into keep the body of this 60k mile wonder going and i'm looking for some ideas from you guys about the little things i might not be thinking of.

Anyone have any ideas?

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with undercoating it.

I grew up and spent most of my life in the southwest and now that I've had almost a decade here in an area where salt is used in the winter I hate working under my vehicles anymore.

These trucks seem to rust pretty easily, much easier than anything else I've owned. My GM cars with the exception of my 98 Oldsmobile have hardly any or no rust underneath them. My Escalade and the Trailblazer I had before that had rust on just about every underside piece.

I'm under my truck a few times a year and I always end up cleaning and painting some part of the underside of the truck due to rust.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
fluid film is good stuff, the guy before me used motor oil and the frame looks like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot

Latest posts