Dealership fumbled repairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2manycars4me

2manycars4me

Reaction score
I've had service experiences at other brand dealerships. I will say most of them have been positive. GM dealerships in this area have not been good. When I asked to have the transmission looked at for the slip in the morning, they did not even run the diagnostics on it. The rattle, didn't even look at it. I drove off the lot and the rattle was present as soon as I backed out of the parking space. I felt it was not worth the effort anymore to try and get it fixed. The last visit to the dealer was like icing on the cake. They had to reprogram the camera for the front collision, rain sense and auto dim lights. I have a radar detector with a tap off the mirror power. Iv'e had this on every GM vehicle I've had. When I get the truck back, the back up lights are on all the time while driving, OnStar makes sporadic calls and the radar detector powers off then powers back up after you shut down the vehicle. When I asked the dealer if something could have happened when they programmed the camera I get the reply, "We noticed you had the power tap on the radar for the mirror, the little prongs are probably shorting out. First, how did they see the prongs and second it wasn't like this when I dropped it off. I went to schedule an appointment and decided the hell with it I'd figure it out and fix it myself. When I went to remove the plastic on the camera, guess what a replay of the trim moulding, it was not snapped back into place. When I checked the power tap, guess what, someone had pulled the taps out and put them back in the wrong connections. A little honesty would go a long way in building that relationship with the dealer. Now to not be outdone the mechanic doing the oil changes and tire rotation decided the front right rim needed some customization. It looks great, the air impact socket swirly on the rim is just fabulous. Picaso would be proud.
Of course the dealer denies all of this ever happened. GM keeps saying to bring it to another dealer ship and they will look at it. RIGHT!!! Drive another 45 to 60 minutes away to have some other dealer tell me the same song and dance about everything is OK.
As far as going in with a positive attitude, I was all there. The first visit went well and then from then on it was all down hill. This dealer doesn't care, I didn't purchase the vehicle from them. The purchasing dealership have the three stooges working in the service department and I won't be back there.
I'm glad for anyone who has had work done at a non GMC dealership. I tried using the Chevy dealership. Guess what, I was denied service because they are a Chevy and not a GMC dealership.
So maybe I'll roll the dice and pick another brand dealership and have great service and sales. I'll set my expectations at the GM level and can only go up from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tozer