Dealer backed out of deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VPVETTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct on that, but by law they can not sell a vehicle with an active safety recall. they can hold it, but not legally sell it until it's been remedied. I read somewhere else that GM has already secured a 3rd party to replace the defected buckles, but waiting on them to get them. All vehicles already on the road with get notifications by mail starting Sept 26th.

VPVETTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP hasn't updated his situation yet, but since I was basically in the same boat, as of today, my Tahoe is still sitting at the dealer with the Seat belt recall still holding up my purchase. I check GM VIN check daily, but still shows Remedy Not Yet available. Luckily my loan is pre-approved for 90 days, set to expire Oct 11. According to GM, owners who actually already have their vehicle, dealer will begin notifying you as of Sept 26. I'm hoping that means they will be fixing them before that happens.

VPVETTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well September has come and gone. Vehicle still sitting at lot, with Remedy Not Available still. Can't believe they can't get seatbelts, but '23's are rolling in? They are just about identical vehicles!

Still on hold for my '22 Tahoe :(

VPVETTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally good news! I got a message yesterday my Tahoe passed and is ready for pick up. Now I don't know if it's fixed or "fixed" to get the thing off their lot, but at this point I'm happy with either case. They called me on the 59th day of my 60 day pre-approval on my loan. So I immediately got on the phone with my credit union to be sure I still have my 2.99% for 84 months. they confirmed and are FedEx'ing my check to me today. I'll be picking up my Tahoe tomorrow at 5:30!
Don't know why this 59 days felt so much longer than the 14 months and 2 weeks we waited for our Corvette, but at least I will finally have my truck!

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow you just got in for that finance rate. That's a good omen. Good luck with it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally good news! I got a message yesterday my Tahoe passed and is ready for pick up. Now I don't know if it's fixed or "fixed" to get the thing off their lot, but at this point I'm happy with either case. They called me on the 59th day of my 60 day pre-approval on my loan. So I immediately got on the phone with my credit union to be sure I still have my 2.99% for 84 months. they confirmed and are FedEx'ing my check to me today. I'll be picking up my Tahoe tomorrow at 5:30!
Don't know why this 59 days felt so much longer than the 14 months and 2 weeks we waited for our Corvette, but at least I will finally have my truck!
Maybe they inspected it, and found it didn't have the problem (both rivets were properly formed, so no problem). My dealer confirmed mine is OK, so no parts needed...

VPVETTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked it up yesterday evening. Love it. i did ask about the "fix". From what he siad, they had a GM Enginbeer in town who certified the rivert as formed correctly, but their tech was unsure when he first looked at it. So since the engineer said it was good, they went ahead with the sale. I'll try an post pics sometime, at work now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667