DDM vs Morimoto HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the 6k in the fogs? Do they have decent light output? I checked my stock fogs in a smoked housing and you could barely see the output on the road. Hella ******.

I like em. For light output, yeah i guess so. Dont really drive with just them on, but at i guess for example when its real dark out and i have just them on, i can see pretty good. Not enough of course to drive with ,but can surely see in front of me.

You have smoked fogs. i was thinking of getting some of those. Any pics? w/ lights

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have DDM 12k's in my lows and fogs, as well as 4 other DDM kits in friends vehicles no issues.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

And I have smoked fogs as well, so much better than the stock halogen.

OP
OP
polobuds

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like em. For light output, yeah i guess so. Dont really drive with just them on, but at i guess for example when its real dark out and i have just them on, i can see pretty good. Not enough of course to drive with ,but can surely see in front of me.

You have smoked fogs. i was thinking of getting some of those. Any pics? w/ lights

Smoked fogs...

Similar, if not the same, as noph33r's. About $60 shipped off eBay:

mytahoe079.jpg

mytahoe080.jpg

mytahoe089.jpg

mytahoe088.jpg

Like the rainbow of lights? Gotta get some HIDs to match the hyperwhite!

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smoked fogs...

Like the rainbow of lights? Gotta get some HIDs to match the hyperwhite!

LMAO... at first i thought cool he has yellow fogs.. ha ha....

but those dont look bad. Wonder what they look like on black. Might have to search around on that. Might blend in to much though.

thanks man.

OP
OP
polobuds

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that's what i originally thought when i saw yours. I thought yours were darker, so I was searching for that, but all i could find on ebay was the smoked version, and all the smoked versions looked the same. i wondered if some vendors were darker than others. I guess i could always put on a coat of nightshades.

yeah no yellow fogs. just crappy stock fogs. ugly huh? hence the need for HIDs!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that's what i originally thought when i saw yours. I thought yours were darker, so I was searching for that, but all i could find on ebay was the smoked version, and all the smoked versions looked the same. i wondered if some vendors were darker than others. I guess i could always put on a coat of nightshades.

yeah no yellow fogs. just crappy stock fogs. ugly huh? hence the need for HIDs!

Ryan-- i was thinking that when i saw them. i remember seeing them in a post you did a while back ago. they look darker to me. not bad, but think i may like the smoked look. idk

Polo--- lol.. not ugly, just had to look twice. lol.. get ya some hids...

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDM apexcone H1 5000k 35w low beam kit for my buddy's projectors on his 2000 Ranger. I Must say that quality can definitely be noticed when they turn on. very good lights he very happy with them since he lives in the rural areas of the coachella valley (Coachella Fest!!! rock out with your c*ck out) so its very dark out there. And for less than 40 shipped (38.51) to be exact, you just cant go wrong... not to mention they offer a lifetime warranty, not that i would use it unless they don't work within the first year, but if suck a kit gives 12 months of life you got your moneys worth, and I would be more than happy to pay for another set. DDM!!

OP
OP
polobuds

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After many messages with Matt @ TRS (super helpful!), I finally pulled the trigger and got my Morimoto Bi-Xenon projectors with D2S bulbs today! Will try to install this weekend I have time and post some pics. Also got my DDM 35W 6000K HID kit for the fogs today. It was a good day.

Morimoto Bi-Xenons, D2S bulbs 35W 6000k, apollo shroud, 35W Morimoto ballasts, 9006 relay harness
mytahoe102.jpg

mytahoe103.jpg

Thanks to Matt @ TRS and DenaliAK for their help!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts