Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Archer04

Archer04

Reaction score
Will check the in gear operation this afternoon, but I know they do not flash when I use the keyless entry, my parking, turning signals flash but not the DRL's. I have replaced one socket for the DRL's and getting the other one this afternoon. I did speak with a local chevy dealer in my area who reported that it is a common problem on the GM line, as they are always on during the day, so the bulbs are constantly burning, Literally. Since it is a standard incandescent bulb it gets hot, and the longer it is on the more likely it is to begin to melt and scorch the plastic around it. Such as the base of the bulb and the exterior of the socket. Chevy dealer did recommend upgrading to LED's and offered to do the install for several hundred in labor, and parts cost of course. Told him no thank you, think I can handle a simple socket swap.

OP
OP
Archer04

Archer04

Reaction score
Just in case any one needs the part number for the Diode at any time the one for my 2004 tahoe is 15043231. Not too expensive have found the part ranging from about 30 to 80 bucks.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04, they come on in gear and off in park -- had to get my kid to put it in gear to make sure I had polarity correct. When I hit the keyless, they will only flash if the automatic light sensor senses it is dark, if it is daytime they don't flash.

OP
OP
Archer04

Archer04

Reaction score
So Finally got them checked out with vehicle in gear with someone outside to verify if working or not. The new socket I had installed turned out to be working, and it even flashes at the unlock command from the key fob. The other wasnt operating but that was due to needing the socket replaced, it was too badly burned from the regular incandescent lights to even function any further.

omar ortiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my 04 DRL comes on when I hit the key fob to unlock, my 02 does not. But on both of them they come on only in Gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645