Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archer04

Reaction score
So I wanted to swap out my DRL's to LED, that was any easy swap, buy the lights, remove the headlights and parking light assemblies, and put in the new lights. So when I got to the point of putting in the new lights, I found both sockets showed scorching, and the plastic was excessively brittle. So I went out and got the replacement sockets, and that is done. The issue was the lights did not come on. I tested the relay, by swapping it out for another, it was good. I tested the 10amp fuse, it is was good. The issue is there is no power getting to the fuse, to go to the relay, and then to the lights. I am thinking it is the module, or possibly the diode, beyond that I will have to chase the wiring under the hood and dash. Anyone got any suggestions, or can tell me which module, and diode I am going to be looking for, as well as the location.

Any help is appreciated.

Ftrsavage

Reaction score
So I wanted to swap out my DRL's to LED, that was any easy swap, buy the lights, remove the headlights and parking light assemblies, and put in the new lights. So when I got to the point of putting in the new lights, I found both sockets showed scorching, and the plastic was excessively brittle. So I went out and got the replacement sockets, and that is done. The issue was the lights did not come on. I tested the relay, by swapping it out for another, it was good. I tested the 10amp fuse, it is was good. The issue is there is no power getting to the fuse, to go to the relay, and then to the lights. I am thinking it is the module, or possibly the diode, beyond that I will have to chase the wiring under the hood and dash. Anyone got any suggestions, or can tell me which module, and diode I am going to be looking for, as well as the location.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm going thru the same thing and I can't figure it out.

IMG_3583.JPG

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were your DRL working correctly before the bulb switch? only reason i ask. my sockets look equally rough. but at the time i was to lazy to replace them. it was winter, no garage, blah. So i bought the DRL led bulbs, just have to make sure the polarity is correct and they have been working fine since

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRLs don't come on when the truck is in park. Has to be in gear. Just a thought. I had the same issue with my sockets. Had to replace both.

OP
OP
Archer04

Archer04

Reaction score
I have tested the wiring, and there is no current at the fuse with power on. I read up on the specs and the drls are supposed to come on with the truck running in gear or not. The only way they don't come on is if you have the e brake engaged. I checked that switch and it is fine and not giving a signal that it is engaged when the brake is fully released

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
First time I've heard them coming on with the ebrake.
Mine only come on while in gear and when the unlock button on factory keyless remote is pushed.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't come on in park. Have some one start it and put it in drive and see if there is power to the sockets.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
First time I've heard them coming on with the ebrake.
Mine only come on while in gear and when the unlock button on factory keyless remote is pushed.

The E brake kills them. On mine if you turn the headlight switch all the way left, it kills them too.

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely check them with it in gear. My previous vehicle, an 05 Toyota, the lights were dependant on the e brake. So I was used to that, but with my 06 Yukon Denali the DRL come on when it's in gear and go off when it's in park, regardless of the e brake. Maybe this is a feature GM switched up during the mid-model changes, since people are reporting different results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts