custom side pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i think everyones being a little dramatic with the burnt legs and getting exhaust fumes in the vehicle while driving with the back windows open
i had a CJ-7 with hookers on both sides like that and i had no doors and no burnt pants or legs was pretty loud with that 304ci though

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

i would maby think about some sort of ground effects with cutouts for the exhaust kinda like how the f150 SVT lighting looks

speedmachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I was (mostly) joking about the burnt legs, had the stock exhaust unbuttoned at the y-pipe to see how it would sound and fumes were noticeable in the cab, but that was exiting right under the body. Coming out under the rear passenger door I doubt there would be any issues but wanted to ask anyway. Also would be running this straight from the y-pipe flange without any muffler, so it'll be loud but hopefully not deafening. Thanks for the replies.

2003denali26

Reaction score
I had no problems with that setup. i drove with the windows down all the time too. And There were no burnt legs lol.

All this does is scream cheap ghetto to me. tons of diesel's run that shit around here because it cost 60 bucks for a 90 degree elbow out the side instead of doing it properly, just seems tacky on such a classic suv. my two cents:fc5716bd:

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had all pipes custom bent out of the flowmaster that was on there. But it doesn't even matter now because that truck was crashed. I now have the exhaust dumped under truck right by the rear axle, and a cutout just behind the front passenger wheel.

speedmachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All this does is scream cheap ghetto to me. tons of diesel's run that shit around here because it cost 60 bucks for a 90 degree elbow out the side instead of doing it properly, just seems tacky on such a classic suv. my two cents:fc5716bd:

I am cheap ghetto though! It's a perfect fit. Also this Tahoe is a rig runner from Vancouver to Alberta so it gets beat on pretty hard, not too concerned about keeping it pristine cause that will be impossible. Can't beat full size SUV comfort on those 15 hour commutes though.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am cheap ghetto though! It's a perfect fit. Also this Tahoe is a rig runner from Vancouver to Alberta so it gets beat on pretty hard, not too concerned about keeping it pristine cause that will be impossible. Can't beat full size SUV comfort on those 15 hour commutes though.

I would think with 15 hour trips you'd want to get that exhaust exiting as far from your head as you could. Side pipes usually mean no mufflers which is gonna be loud and I'd be willing to bet its gonna drone pretty damn bad. If you have rear passengers they're going to probably want to kill you by the time you get there. Personally I think side pipes should be left to old school rides. They are hard to pull off, especially when you have to drop them to get to the other side of the frame, that just doesn't look right in my opinion. As far as cheap, I really don't think having that system made is going to be any cheaper then having your usual dual rear system made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick