Custom engine dress up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
Heyy guys Bryan here and I have a few questions for ya. I'm getting readthe to do a water pump on my 03 Tahoe lt 5.3l. And while I have the water pump sitting around is there anything I can do to keep it clean after the install, as in a clear coat or a color to keep it from oxidizing. I hate when cast/aluminum gets that powdery coating on it.

Also I figured while I was in there I would degrease the entire motor and trans. I'm even to the point where I want to take the coil brackets off and respay them black and clean up all the plastics.

Are there companies out there that make dress up parts for our engines (billet pulleys, coil pack brackets, engine covers)? Especially once I do the electronic fan conversion the motor will all be visible so I want it to look clean.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just paint it, dupli color has a aluminum colored paint. Ot matchs pretty well.

As far as dress up components. Yess there are numerous companys who make stuff.
Use that nifty thing called google.
Check Summit racing, jegs, etc.
Ebay has some nice valve covers as well as engine cover that are painted with solod colors and all sorts of designs.

Start looking.

OP
OP
HoeRyder26

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
Could I get the same covers at the ls1? Typing in the lq7 doesn't bring up a ton of results.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Google is too easy, I would rather speak with human beings and interact with you guys. Thanks for the concern though :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

I was checking out ebay and saw nice tall polished aluminum valve covers with and without coil braclet's aND it got me thinking of doing the coil relocation kit. But all.of that was for the ls1 block, wasn't sure if it would still bolt on ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA