Cruise control stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
Did you add any led tail light recently, or put led light bulbs in the stock housing if so that could cause the cruise control to not work

OP
OP
Abstrastic

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just checked all the fuses and all of them are good to go.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Did you add any led tail light recently, or put led light bulbs in the stock housing if so that could cause the cruise control to not work

I did just install these:

http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=534_75_301_467_469&products_id=458

How do I go about fixing the issue?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Ok so I just swapped my old bulbs and taillights back in and went for a drive and sure enough my cruise control works. So it is the taillights I bought now my question is how do I fix the problem without having to get rid of the led taillights?

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
that could be your problem you might want to e-mail them and ask them if that would cause the problem, they might need diodes or resistors im not sure i know there are a couple of guys on here that know what they need if it is the problem. You could put your old lights in just to see if the cruise control works and if it does thats your problem

OP
OP
Abstrastic

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that could be your problem you might want to e-mail them and ask them if that would cause the problem, they might need diodes or resistors im not sure i know there are a couple of guys on here that know what they need if it is the problem. You could put your old lights in just to see if the cruise control works and if it does thats your problem

I posted this last night:

Ok so I just swapped my old bulbs and taillights back in and went for a drive and sure enough my cruise control works. So it is the taillights I bought now my question is how do I fix the problem without having to get rid of the led taillights?

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
You might want to search led taillights on the forum there are a few and they tell you what you need to fix it, i think its a resistor that you need but im not positive you might want to look at a couple of the post, there are a few guys on here that know what you need and they know why more about the led tails then i do.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd - I just installed my LED's and did not have any issues.. But I did read on here some people did.

Layzieyegunman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me with my 04 tahoe... it just stopped working out of no where .. no light no nothing, then a few days later i tried it again and it worked fine. Then a few days after it stopped working again... Then I was pissed so I kept messing with it pushing the button over and over again and it started working again. It has worked ever since that was back in july of this year... Sorry if this dont help much but thats my story

OP
OP
Abstrastic

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I know what the problem is so I emailed and called hidguy.net but know one will return a phone call or respond to my email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts