Cruise control stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed about a week ago my cruise control wasn't working anymore. So I have checked all the brake lights and they work. I have checked the fuse on the drivers side part of the dash. I am out of ideas does anyone know of another fuse or something else that would cause this?

Truck is a 2004 Tahoe Z71

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say all brake lights work is that including the 3rd brake light? Also, spend a bit of time and one by one check EVERY fuse to make sure that something with the CC doesn't share another circuit (trust me, its a common thing to have some circuits share fuses and for them to not be a part of the label, gotta love GM!).

OP
OP
Abstrastic

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say all brake lights work is that including the 3rd brake light? Also, spend a bit of time and one by one check EVERY fuse to make sure that something with the CC doesn't share another circuit (trust me, its a common thing to have some circuits share fuses and for them to not be a part of the label, gotta love GM!).

Yes that includes the 3rd brake light.

I will check the fuses again.

Anything else?

trev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does "cruise" illuminate on the dash when you press the button? When I first got my truck it would light up but never work. It didnt bother me too much. One day while doing the oil, i noticed there was a cable hanging on top of the motor. it was the cruise cable. Not sure how or why it fell off, but works fine now. HTH

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

And my 3rd brake light has not worked since I have had the truck

OP
OP
Abstrastic

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does "cruise" illuminate on the dash when you press the button? When I first got my truck it would light up but never work. It didnt bother me too much. One day while doing the oil, i noticed there was a cable hanging on top of the motor. it was the cruise cable. Not sure how or why it fell off, but works fine now. HTH

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

And my 3rd brake light has not worked since I have had the truck

It did light up when it worked before now it does nothing.... Can you take a pic of the cable you are talking about?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did light up when it worked before now it does nothing.... Can you take a pic of the cable you are talking about?

Like I said, check every last fuse you have on your truck, sometimes it's a simple fix!! I know from experience, went in to the dealership for a different problem and I personally watched the head service tech spend 45 minutes trying to figure out the problem, he checked all the fuses for that peticular item and tested everything under the sun, then stumped and pissed he went through EVERY fuse and check them one by one and found one burnt out for another circuit, replaced it and it fixed my problem!!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

If I remember right I had a brake controller for trailer installed by them and it quit working on me so I took it in to them to fix it!! When the controller stopped working so did my 3rd brake light as well as the CC, not saying the same fix would work for you but it did take the guy to start pulling unrelated fuses to find the blown one! Good luck and keep us posted!

sanddperformance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check fuses also it could be a tac module but I would think your pedel would not work if that was bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts