crown suspension??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PM ME this is nothing new with their kits. This is why I no longer carry them

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just lowered mine with Crown Suspension - the 2"/4".

I honestly hate it. The factory ride was nice and firm and now with the new coils it rides like a 1970 Cadillac with no shocks.

When I compressed the factory front coils it took a lot of effort with the spring compressor - in fact i wrecked the first spring compressor that i purchased. The crown coils compressed with ease - I knew this was going to be an issue.

Another thing that sucks is if you bring it somewhere and they use a frame hoist the rear coil springs fall out as they are about 1.5" shorter than factory.

When I brought it to get an alignment they said I am totally out of adjustment and the camber? is at 0 and said he likes to see a -1.

I usually buy mcgaughys lowering spindles and coils and have always been happy. As soon as they come out with spindles I will be ripping the crown out.

I do however like the way it looks although i wish the back was another 1" lower.

Suburban.jpg

Dang son..... That's bangin.... that's exactly what I will end up with eventaually but in a Yukon and 22s.

Post some more pictures.

Lovin it

Last edited:

clark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just lowered mine with Crown Suspension - the 2"/4".

I honestly hate it. The factory ride was nice and firm and now with the new coils it rides like a 1970 Cadillac with no shocks.

When I compressed the factory front coils it took a lot of effort with the spring compressor - in fact i wrecked the first spring compressor that i purchased. The crown coils compressed with ease - I knew this was going to be an issue.

Another thing that sucks is if you bring it somewhere and they use a frame hoist the rear coil springs fall out as they are about 1.5" shorter than factory.

When I brought it to get an alignment they said I am totally out of adjustment and the camber? is at 0 and said he likes to see a -1.

I usually buy mcgaughys lowering spindles and coils and have always been happy. As soon as they come out with spindles I will be ripping the crown out.

I do however like the way it looks although i wish the back was another 1" lower.

Suburban.jpg
Got the same setup but on a 2014 tahoe. For about 8 months it felt like i lost my shocks. it felt like a train wreck everytime i hit a tiny ditch. So i brough it to another shop to see if they could fix my problem and all it was is to cut my rear bump stop. Now it feels like i got shocks again! Thats all it was after dealing with it for so long and finally its resolved! Hopefully this might help you out.

youridol83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the same setup but on a 2014 tahoe. For about 8 months it felt like i lost my shocks. it felt like a train wreck everytime i hit a tiny ditch. So i brough it to another shop to see if they could fix my problem and all it was is to cut my rear bump stop. Now it feels like i got shocks again! Thats all it was after dealing with it for so long and finally its resolved! Hopefully this might help you out.

Did you take it all the way out or did you just cut it some any pics. I also have crown suspension and an it rides rough as hell

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crown may be cr@p but they have a 1-3" adjustable front strut cup that may be worth getting...

yukonchief

Reaction score
never heard of crown suspension....... I just recently leveled out my rear using Mcgauhys kit im pretty happy with it so far. Still feels like factory but looks a lot better

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never heard of crown suspension....... I just recently leveled out my rear using Mcgauhys kit im pretty happy with it so far. Still feels like factory but looks a lot better

Yeah, I had to look them up too. Their kits are a little cheaper, it seems. Maybe there's a reason for that, hmmmmm....

Can you actually have cheaper cheap chinese steel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n